Eddie_09 - August 2022 - Anouk, U2, Bruce Springsteen

Thanks Suzanne. I appreciate your kind feedback. This song always resonated with me growing up in working class Ireland :ireland: . Thanks for taking the time to listen and to comment.

1 Like

Amazing Eddie, really good performance.

Thanks JK :sunglasses:

That was great Eddie, what a shame it’s so short.

Eddie, this was simply wonderful. The song, your playing, your singing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I love Springsteen songs, and you did such a great job on this one. I really enjoyed it :clap::+1::grinning:.

Thanks Stefan. Yea I also wish that song had more verses​:joy::sunglasses::+1:

Wow thank you so much Nicole! So great to get your feedback and am glad you enjoyed it. I don’t rate myself as much of a singer so it’s great to get positive comments. Up to recently I think my 2 kids are the only people who have heard me sing​:joy:and I am sure they need a break :joy:.
Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment!:sunglasses:
Eddie :ireland::guitar:

1 Like

Eddie, you definitely ARE a singer :grinning:. I wished, I could a least sing half as well as you do.
I‘ve just listened to your song again, and yes - wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

Thanks Nicole. If I have learned to sing so can you! Believe me I used to be terrible :weary:. If you haven’t already done so check out the lesson Justin posted maybe 3 weeks ago on singing. I think it was entitled “10 tips to not suck at singing “. I can honestly say that after watching the tutorial I figured out what I was doing wrong and I improved overnight. The 3 big takeaways I got from it were;

1. Using a tuner (I downloaded a tuner app on my phone called insTuner) to try and hit the various notes with my voice. This helps you sing in tune.
  2. Not to strain as it basically not trying too hard to hit big notes.
  3. Record yourself in order to figure out where you can improve or what sounds good/ or not so good.
    Trust me you will be amazed by how much you will improve.
    :sunglasses:
1 Like

Hi Eddie,
Yes, I’ve watched this video some days ago, and I’m working on the essential points mentioned. Nevertheless, it will definitely be a long way :sweat_smile:. But I’m determined to improve my singing skills :slightly_smiling_face:.

You will get there! The journey is as much fun as the destination! :sunglasses:

1 Like

That was a totally awesome performance and I could tell you could personally relate to the song. I never heard that before from Bruce Springsteen. I am familiar with most of his music so that was a pleasant surprise. I don’t know if you have interest or not, but you have a wonderful voice that sounds like a good fit for country music. I could picture you singing Kenney Chesney or Garth Brooks songs. I am more of a rock music type, but would not mind trying playing country songs. I would not change a thing in your style or performance. Thanks for sharing. Great job!!

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks Jeff for taking the time to listen and comment. I am glad that you enjoyed it. I have never really given much thought to singing country songs to be honest but might check it out. I Appreciate your feedback :sunglasses:!!

Hi Eddie not a big Bruce fan but I know a good cover when I hear one. Well done!

Thank you Adrain. Really happy to hear you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to listen :sunglasses:

I’m playing catch-up Eddie, and this was a real treat. You really nailed the vibe on this, making it your own but still respecting the special vibe that is Nebraska.

I usually make a point on not commenting on the songs people choose to play as I don’t think such comments are relevant here, I tend to enjoy whatever people choose to play since they play what they enjoy, even if the songs may not be what I might put on to enjoy myself at home.

But have to say, I think Nebraska is a singular album. I love all the early Springsteen albums, but there is something about Nebraska. So a treat to hear a song from that album.

Look forward to your next.

What a gorgeous performance. That’s the first time I’ve ever heard that song and boy could I sense the personal connection you have to it. You told the story beautifully. :grinning:

Nice picking and strumming, vocals are great too.

Thank you so much David. It means a lot coming from you. Nebraska is one of the great albums and growing up in rural and working class Ireland this album really hit a chord with me.
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and to comment. I very much appreciate it!

1 Like

Thanks so much Liane-Rose! That is high praise from you , especially after you raised the bar so high and blew us all away with your version of half the world away this week.
Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and to comment. I very much appreciate it :sunglasses:

1 Like