Eddie_09 - September 2022 - Original song - This Is Your Time (plus Stereophonics)

That was great Eddie. Your voice is full of character. Clean chords, steady strumming pattern too. Well done.

Only other comment. Guitar slightly out of tune?

1 Like

Thanks Gordon and thanks for the heads up on the guitar maybe being slightly out of tune. Will check that out. There are quite a few minor chords Dm , Am in that song which gives a slight sadness to the sound. I Appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. :sunglasses::+1:

Full of character Eddie, the guitar is solid and clean giving just the right platform for a compelling performance.
If thinking of husky Kelly helps you get there then keep on with the thoughts.
Great stuff.

1 Like

Thanks so much Richard for the feedback and the encouragement to keep going. I am kicking myself I didn’t join this community earlier as the experience has been incredible.I feel myself growing and I am learning so much from everyone here. !!!

That was wonderful Eddie. So much emotion in the song. Your playing and singing are great. Nice song choice as well.

1 Like

Very well played and sung. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thank you Ron . I appreciate your feedback! Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! :sunglasses:

Thanks Stefan. Yea it’s one of their lesser known songs but it tells a good story. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks so much for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. :sunglasses::+1:

Nice job @Eddie_09 really got into vocally as you got through the song. Big fan of the Stereophonics since their first Album Word Gets Around in the late 90s. Often play Boy in a Photograph which is another great song. Kelly has a great way of telling stories.

1 Like

Thanks Jason. Local boy in the photograph is a great song alright. Thanks for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. Really appreciate it! :sunglasses:

That was nice, Eddie. Interesting how you are putting conscious effort into your vocal, which sat nicely supported by the guitar.

1 Like

That was fabulous, Eddie, enjoyed your vocal and the playing was smooth and steady throughout. Lots to like.

If I recall correctly your also played some Springsteen recently, that was just as good. I’d say you’ve got this vibe nailed and look forward to more.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that Eddie. The guitar was great with a solid rhythm and the vocals had character and expression. I am not familiar with the song or band, but I think I will have to look them up.

1 Like

Thank you John for taking the time to listen and comment! :sunglasses::+1:

Thanks David, I really appreciate your comments and feedback. Yes that was me a couple of weeks ago with the Springsteen cover of “used cars”. I still don’t feel like a confident or a good singer but I am slowly discovering songs that seem to suit me and that I can do an ok job on. There have been countless songs that I have learned that just don’t sound right when I sing them so I just left them to one side. Thanks again for taking the time to listen and provide feedback! :sunglasses::+1::guitar:

1 Like

Thanks Mark, Stereophonics are a Welsh band and are pretty popular in Europe and the UK. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to listen and comment! :sunglasses:

Awesome! Full of moodiness…

1 Like

Thanks Phil ! My wife also says I am full of moodiness :joy:. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

1 Like

Great stuff Eddie, so relaxed!

This makes me want to get into Stereophonics.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment Kevin. Yea they have some great songs that are really suited to acoustic guitar. :sunglasses: