Eddie_09 - September 2022 - Original song - This Is Your Time (plus Stereophonics)

This is my first attempt at writing an original song. My 8 year old son Killian was in an accident at school this February resulting in a fractured skull and Emergency surgery. I sat beside him for 3 nights in an ICU unit but thankfully he is on the way to a full recovery. For weeks after we would walk along the beach together as he recovered and one day this song just came into my head. I have never played it for anyone, not even my wife as I know it would be hard for her to listen. Anyway it’s a little bumpy as it’s a first attempt but here goes:

Stereophonics - Everyday I Think Of Money

Thanks for listening.

23 Likes

Heart felt Eddie :heart:

1 Like

Thanks Dave. I wasn’t sure I could sing it in public. Thanks for your feedback and support!

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that I fully understand you as my daughter also was in an accident last year and she could easily die. Thanks God she has fully recovered.

2 Likes

Thanks Tom. Glad to hear your daughter recovered too!!!

Terrific heartfelt composition Eddie, borne out of a difficult time. So glad your son recovered OK.
Great feel to the song , and great vocals. And goes to show yet again that you dont need a million chords to make a great song. Sing it to your wife mate.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Thanks so much Shane. I really appreciate your feedback and support. I guess I might just have to sing it to my wife after all! :sunglasses:
Cheers again!

Eddie that was really touching and great, really heartwarming song made out of pure love to your boy. Love it and thanks for sharing song was really a radio material to me.

With how you perform you should really consider joining Community Open Mics if you are up for it. You would definitely fit the roster nicely once enrollment list is opened again :slight_smile:

The Community Open Mic Events category

1 Like

Eddie I’m so glad Killan is recovering and now has a time to shine. Thankyou for sharing something so close to your heart, the emotion in your singing is very evident. It could be a healing thing for the whole family, Killan especially, to hear this wonderful song.

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
Great singing and playing,… :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Eddie,
it always makes me very emotional when kids are involved, so you had me shed a few tears while you were playing… But good to hear that your son is recovering OK.
Great song! Please play it to your wife!
Greetings,
Nadine

1 Like

Hey Eddie - Thank you for sharing, such a touching and heartwarming song, great playing and singing.

1 Like

So glad to hear Killian is recovering well, Eddie, that he has more time.

The song was a great listen. You’ve done ever so well in producing your first original. Thanks for sharing with us.

1 Like

Wow thanks for that great feedback Adrian, it really means a lot! An open mic is on my radar at some point in the future. I am still trying to get comfortable performing to people. Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment :sunglasses::notes:

1 Like

Thanks so much Maggie. Yes the song meant a lot to me and perhaps I sang it better as a result of the emotional connection. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

1 Like

Cheers Rogier! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and provide feedback :notes::sunglasses:

Wow thanks Nadine for listening and providing such a nice comment. It was a tough song to sing for obvious reasons. Am really glad you enjoyed it!:sunglasses:

Thank you James. It means a lot that you enjoyed it as you are one of the guys I look out for when you post something.
Cheers! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks so much David. It means a lot to me. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and to comment :sunglasses:

Hey Eddie, I came back for a second listen. For a first attempt at writing a song, that was pretty good. You have an expressive way with words. It’s a beautiful song and you can tell it means a lot to you. It’s a song that I think would connect with a lot of parents. I’m glad your son is on the way to full recovery. It’s definitely a song you should share with him and your wife when you feel the time is right and one for your future album. I’ll be watching out for future original songs from you.

2 Likes