Elderly Woman cover

Hi all, I haven’t posted for a few months but was keen to do so again and check out what others have been doing. I’ve seen some great covers here this afternoon, very inspiring. Here’s my cover of Pearl Jam’s Elderly Woman behind the Counter in a Small Town.

14 Likes

Hello Greg, it’s good to see you back :smiley:. I always like your recordings. Your playing is very enjoyable - steady strumming, clean chords, nice dynamics (I like the soft strumming parts :blush:), and an beautiful voice :+1::clap:.
Just a minor suggestion - and I have to admit, that I don’t know the original - using different strumming patterns between verses and chorus would have made the song even more interesting. But that’s just a minor point and my very personal preference :slightly_smiling_face:.

It was a very enjoyable rendition :blush:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Nicely done Greg, the most apparent quality was the smoothness of your rhythm. You really grooved in 6/8 and flowed along. The dynamics were subtle but no less important for that.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for being so supportive Nicole, your constructive ideas are very welcome.

1 Like

Thanks Richard!

1 Like

ps
I have just shared a recording of my grandson playing this at an open mic … his teenage voice broke on him a little but he kept going … Open Mic performances and some busking news - #27 by Richard_close2u

2 Likes

That’s fabulous, I’ve picked up a few ideas from your grandson, particularly in the area of dynamics. I think he does a great job, great groove. The parts he had trouble with vocally…they’re hard! I rewrote some of the vocal melody to be able to sing it. Also he’s playing/singing it a tone higher than I am - I’d struggle a lot in that key!

1 Like

This is great, Greg! Listening to this with my morning coffee was a lovely start to the day!

1 Like

Thanks Andrew, that’s very kind, glad you liked it. Looking forward to more of yours.

1 Like

This is great, inspiring as I haven’t had the courage to record myself as only finishing beginner module 1 - but great seeing the strumming being so smooth and you have a great voice. You have motivated me to grab the guitar after breakfast.

1 Like

Thank you for your very kind words. I look forward to seeing one of your recordings when you feel you are ready!

Nicely done Greg!

1 Like