Elliott Smith Angeles Cover

Here’s my attempt at a super hard Elliott Smith song.

Feedback and critique welcome !

Thanks

8 Likes

Very nice work Lewis. I love the easy, relaxed movement of your arms and hands as you play. You create an inviting sound and groove.

1 Like

Hi Lewis,
Unbelievably well played…critique???ha ha…you look like a professional player :sunglasses: :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Really well played and sung, Lewis, as always. It is a pleasure to watch and enjoy your recordings as one of the what I’d consider to be, in context of this Community, intermediate-to-advanced level musicians. And as such beyond my play-grade and ability to offer you critique to aid continued improvement.

From memory, I think this may be your first recording made with an electric guitar. Loved the tone. I would just like your vocal to be a little louder. I’m not sure of your setup and the options you have at your disposal for production, if possible mic’ing up for the vocal and working on the balance would take the production to a next level of enjoyment.

1 Like

Great to hear some Elliott Smith. This is a really good cover, I really like how consistent your picking of the bass is throughout the whole song, very tricky to get right. The transitions between finger picking and chords are great and you’re keeping it all going whilst singing, there is a lot going on here! Well done mate, I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your kind words. This took a week of practice but it’s such a great feeling when the work pays off

I watched this when you posted it but just realise I didn’t leave a comment. This was really good. Well played, sung, overall great.

Really good guitar tone too. I find my Squier Strat doesn’t sound good for chordy stuff. Your electric sounds great. Can’t quite tell what style it is, something like Mustang or Jazzmaster?

1 Like

Thanks ! Guitar Brand is Revelation and it’s like a jazz master copy. I splashed out on a Mexican Fender strat recently and actually prefer this slightly cheaper guitar!

P90 pickups in this which have quite a nice sound :slight_smile:

Sounds like Elliot Smith! My son introduced Elliot Smith to me. Those chord shapes are amazing.

1 Like

That was really good Lewis. Great sound, superbly played and sung. One to be proud of.

It was a pleasure to watch.

1 Like

Thanks so much . I rerecorded this properly with audio interface and made it public.

1 Like

This is amazing. You are well above my level, so I couldn’t give you a critique. I will just sit back and enjoy it instead.

1 Like