English Rose - The Jam

The Jam. What a band. While I love their angry, fast and furious songs, I also love this. The bare simplicity of the guitar line and vocal is very punishing when it comes to making mistakes or twanging a string though :grimacing:

15 Likes

Nicely played and sung Claudia.
I have always liked this song.
I play and teach that one a semitone up, key of A initially.
It allows for the main part until the key change to be played at open position with a lovely open A string ringing out in the bass.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another pretty Fingerstyle performance. You play so smoothly. I loved it.

1 Like

I love this song and play it often. You have done it justice Claudia, well played!

1 Like

Hello Claudia, this is again a very enjoyable fingerpicking tune :blush:.
Very soulful playing and singing. I also like the short changes in the picking pattern. They really make a nice difference :slightly_smiling_face:.
Thanks a lot for sharing this beautiful rendition :hugs:.

1 Like

Thanks Richard. I’ll have to give that a go - sounds like a nice adaptation.

Check your email :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was lovely Claudia. Well done!

1 Like

I’ve never heard this Jam song before! That was terrific Claudia, beautifully payed and sung. You’ve got a super finger style technique and I really enjoyed that.

1 Like

Knockout performance! They were a great band weren’t they, always seemed to be on The Tube if anyone remembers that :slightly_smiling_face: One of my favourite songs, thanks for playing it :+1:

1 Like

Lovely performance Claudia and absolutely superb vocals. Super enjoyable, thank you for sharing with us!

1 Like

Ah, The Tube. Those were the days! :slight_smile:

1 Like