Justin's 5 blues licks played over my own rhythm track

I try practicing this essential licks everyday (5 blues licks from pattern 1 https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/5-blues-licks-from-pattern-1-bl-404#notes).

For better memorisation I created own song.

9 Likes

Hi Michael, welcome to the Community! why not introduce yourself? You’ve clearly been playing guitar (and video editing) for some time, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who would appreciate hearing about your ‘guitar journey’

Which is exactly the point of learning licks! It sounds great, and your rhythm work isn’t to be sniffed at either, you’ve got a real blues rock groove going there. Looking forward to seeing more AVOYPs from you, or even a live OM performance?

1 Like

Thank you,
this is my first time here today. I signed up and I have to find out how things work here.
I will introduce my self soon, promise.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Michael. Enjoyed both the backing and your lead work.

Welcome Michael. Sounds like you are no beginner, look forward to more.

I introduced myself here Mori Music

2 Likes

Welcome Michael. That was very creative and you did a great job. I love these things, like a mini project. They keep you occupied and motivation is always there. I plan to start with blues lead guitar soon, I might borrow your idea. :slight_smile:

Thank you!
I have to make do with what I have (since I’m alone and don’t have a band :slight_smile: In the future I’d like to play simple blues songs on the street through a guitar Looper. So my attention will be in this direction.

Very nice work Michal!

I think you’re doing exactly the right thing in working to apply the licks, and I think your choice of licks/melody is great.

Your rhythm playing is exceptional to my ears.

If I might make one suggestion on the lead part - the bends are sometimes falling slightly short. For example the opening bend sounds like you’re going for a bend from C to D on the top E string. I’m not sure the bend is quite getting high enough.

One of Justin’s lessons suggests practicing by fretting and playing the note you want to bend to, then immediately bending towards it from below until you reach the note that’s still fresh in your mind. Hope that’s helpful!

@twistor59 You right, my “banding practice” is still in progress. I have bad habit to pull string only one finger and not properly and strong enough. I need to practice. Thank you for feedback. I really appreciate it.

Michal, was that a typo that you said you started playing bass and guitar in June 2023? :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Impressive. Too short however. Way to short :sunglasses:

Welcome to the community, btw. Didn’t say that in your introthread.

When I was a child I known couple “cowboy” chords on guitar. Than I have not seen a guitar for 30 years. In June 2023 I have started to practice guitar everyday. I am trying to be consistent and practice on regular base. That’s all.

I believe that when you dedicate yourself to something fully and wholeheartedly, you learn very quickly.

1 Like

I agree. Maybe dedicated and whole-heartedly are the keywords here. Shone through in your video quite much that you love what you are doing :slightly_smiling_face:

The people in Slovakia will be in for a treat, once you get your busking going :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Michael and welcome to the great JustinGuitar Community.
I checked your profile to get your name and at first glance thought it said Michael Kaman!

Okay.
I listened first to the rhythm.
Good timing, very solid. A few things I notice. Your index finger is very high on your barre chords - way off the fingerboard. For both 6-string and 5-string barres. Can you play them with it pulled back in and on the neck? For 5-string barres can you lower it further so the tip of your index finger and / or your thumb can mute the low E string?
Very few people play 5-sting A-shape barres with fingers 1, 2,3 in a line. Have you opted for that because you prefer it and it works for your fingers? Have you tried playing those with a 3rd finger mini-barre?

Lead
Bravo and kudos for taking some taught licks and stringing them together coherently, with repetition and spacing, to tell a story as a lead solo. As already mentioned, separate work on bending to pitch is something to add to your practice routine. I would like to recommend this is a supplement with ideas and suggestions for your learning. First Steps in Blues Improvisation using Minor Pentatonic Scale Pattern 1

ps
It’s good to see someone playing with different guitar brands and models.
:slight_smile:

1 Like