Every Me and Every You, Placebo (cover), Sally McLennane, The Pogues (cover); March recordings

Oh dear, four days away and I’m already way behind :open_mouth:

@pkboo3 Thanks Pam :smiley:
It was a fun song to learn and it’s one you can actually sing at a gathering without any musical accompaniment (a bit of table banging in the chorus adds atmosphere :laughing:).
Isn’t that a difficult strumming pattern when you first try it? :open_mouth:

@Richard_close2u Thanks again :smiley:

I’m always distracted, Rogier. It was no Community distractions. I’ll share my distractions soon enough :wink:

Cheers, Jeff
A whirlwind summary, proving you read and listened :rofl:
Much appreciated, my friend

Story of my life :wink:

@NicoleKKB Ooooh… that’s a lovely thing to say :smiley:
My ‘kids’ have given up on me a long time ago :laughing:

I’m like a train in a tunnel! :laughing:
Appreciate the listen and comments, Dave :smiley:

I never asked Chris to join in on this, maybe I should have :thinking:

Cheers, Stefan :smiley:

You can still get live music for £3 (Watch this space :rofl:)

@Nancy15 Thanks for the listen and thumbs up Nancy -
go paint the town green! :four_leaf_clover: :rofl:

@glpguitar cheers, mate.
My mind is still recovering from your ‘drop’ :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Great story and you did justice to the song. Been a fan of the Pogues for some years.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I know the odd song by the Pogues, though not this one.
Always found their songs got your foot tapping. This was no different.
Definitely suites your delivery style. A grand job.

Irish Rover next?

Hope you’re good.

Digger

1 Like

Hi Joe, (doesn’t ring quite right :wink:). Much appreciate the listen and thumbs up. Thank you :smiley:
An appropriate bump, with Paddy’s Day this week :four_leaf_clover:

@Digger72 Always good to hear from you Steve, hope you’re doing ok?
I’m keeping well, thanks for asking
I’m a bit wary of too much diddly-idly but you never know what the future holds :laughing:

1 Like

I’m trying to learn a song from Justin’s lessons with a bit of note picking along with a non-intuitive strumming pattern, which is going to take me forever… :roll_eyes:
I got distracted and needed a quick-fix-fun song. @Pilhas reminded me of a Placebo album I used to listen to, so I chose on of those. :smiley:
Astute observers will note, not only did I dress CNDy with a new set of strings, but retouched her mascara and oiled the fretboard so I could go faster :laughing:
I’m saving the planet, so no heating. That’s why I’m sporting the dressing gown my dear mum made me forty years ago :snowman:
Listen carefully and you can hear my neighbours banging on the walls to get me to shut up :rofl:
Hey, I kept it under 3 minutes!

6 Likes

Hi Brian,
I get things mixed up easily so not sure how and what now… so I’ll stick with good vibes

:joy:

Greetings

1 Like

Nice version Brian. Very enjoyable singing and playing.

How rude of the neighbours, you should pop round and ask them for their £3 listening fee. A hoodie and a dressing gown is a new look to me but you rocked it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Haha, you saved me from my vanity, Stefan :rofl:
I was doing a bit of ‘housekeeping’ this morning, wondering whether I should give Sally McLennane a cheeky bump for Paddy’s Day, (but secretly also to draw attention to the Placebo tune I tagged on :roll_eyes: :laughing:)
I was starting to wonder if thick-skinned Rogier was the last of my disciples… :rofl:
Cheers for the compliments, mate.

Happy Paddy’s Day everyone! :four_leaf_clover: :ireland:

2 Likes

Have a bump Brian, in remembrance of Shane.

4 Likes

I did give this one a spin again yesterday. One of my favourite Pogues songs excellently covered by you Sir.

1 Like

Cheers for the bump @Richard_close2u and the extra listen, @Eddie_09 :smiley:

Here’s a tribute from author Roddy Doyle (The Commitments, The Van & The Snapper…)

-Sad about Shane McGowan, isn’t it?
-Did yeh ever see the Pogues?
-No. Yourself?
-Years an’ years ago. In the SFX Centre. D’you remember the SFX Centre?
-I do, yeah. There used to be great gigs there – after the bingo.
-I don’t know if the Pogues were on after the fuckin’ bingo, but anyway – I was goin’ in and this fella in front of me says there was a rumour goin’ round tha’ Shane was goin’ to die onstage tha’ night.
-Wha’!?
-Swear to God. Must be nearly forty years ago. They were half-expectin’ him die.
-Cos of his lifestyle?
-Yeah.
-An’ he only died yesterday.
-Gas, isn’t it?
-Fair fuckin’ play to him.
-There’s hope for us all. Those Pogues songs, but – they get better as we get older, don’t they?
-Better an’ better.
-Rainy Night in Soho.
-Fuckin’ hell, what a song.
-An’ his voice is perfect in it.
-Perfect.
-Look what I got on me way here.
-A packet of fags? You gave them up fuckin’ years ago.
-I’m back on them – just for tonight. For Shane.
-An’ chasers with the pints.
-The Shane McGowan diet.
-Bang on. The man was a fuckin’ genius.

Maybe I should have a pint as well? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m here for the Placebo cover @brianlarsen. Not heard that one for a while. Good stuff! :ok_hand:

Oooh!!! That is a classic from my younger days!! I love that song, forgot all about it…. And by younger days i mean Placebo, not The Pogues :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Im afraid i dont know the Pogues other than the best christmas song thats ever been made… i know… it is a bit embarrasing :see_no_evil:

Anyhow… well done Mr. Brian. Enjoyed those two a lot… fine job as always! :+1:

Edit: RIP Shane Mc Gowan

Ffs Brian. And the prize for the longest bump goes to ……… No, seriously, great thread my friend.

1 Like

As Iv’e discovered, any flubs stand out to the ear of the performer but are usually missed by the audience. Sounded perfect to me. And a fun tune for sure. Nice job. Enjoyed!

@Weath72 Cheers, mate
They had some cracking songs alright :smiley:

@tRONd Mange tak :smiley:
Rum, Sodomy and the Lash would be a good place to start :smiley:

@sairfingers You can blame the bump on @Richard_close2u. I suspect his real motivation was to remind us how he goes above and beyond in trying to help us beyond our musical limitations :rofl:

@MiJoy Cheers for the listen and positive comments. Much appreciated :smiley:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha!! :rofl:

1 Like