Every rose has it's thorn

This was done in one take and I’ve not watched it back. Comments and critique welcome.

14 Likes

Nicely done! Pleasant vocal and steady strumming :slight_smile:. Cool touch with knocking guitar’s body. But if I may, half of your head is missing :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Good stuff Stefan and well done for joining the ‘one take’ gang. You looked pretty relaxed and that’s half the battle.
The guitar was overpowering the vocal a bit so my suggestion is to move your mic/phone a bit higher up so that it’s more equidistant between mouth and guitar. I know from personal experience it’s quite difficult to get the balance right when going for a one take.

Lovely steady strumming (&knocking) and vocal was great. Well done.

1 Like

Very nice job and tone/quality sounds very good. Much more relaxed than the Mumford one. Nice clean strumming and great vocal. You clearly enjoy playing this one! As Gordon said a little rebalancing between the Vocal and Guitar needed but nothing that isn’t easy to sort out.

1 Like

That was great Stefan clearly visible that you are very comfortable with the song, sounds superb especially for a one take! All the best.

1 Like

That was great Stefan, you seem to be growing in confidence, which is one of the benefits of this process, Solid throughout and loved the percussion elements. Well done :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounding so good, Stefan. Can’t add to the comments, just the :clap: :clap: :clap:

Next up is the Community OM …

1 Like

Well done stefan. It was an enjoyable listen. Look forward to the next one

1 Like

Well done Stefan, nothing at all to be critical about with your singing and playing, the only thing I do think is that your guitar was a bit louder than it could be, it might be where your vocals mic is, or if you’re just using the one mic maybe try it a bit nearer you.

1 Like

Nicely performed, Stefan. Really liked the percussive use of the guitar’s body in this. I haven’t done that in this song, but I think it works well so I may steal it. :slight_smile:

As far as critique, I might slow it down just a touch. In some sections I got a little bit of a “rushed” vibe. That might make it easier to hit that descending bass thing you were going for, too. (Nice job continuing on through that part without missing a beat, by the way.)

1 Like

Well done, Stefan. A big round of applause from me, that was very well performed. I wasn’t really that familiar with the song. Now, I’ve got the tune in my head. I’m going to have to check that one out. Keep up the progress; you’re doing well mate. :+1:

1 Like

Stefan, that was really nice. You look and sound very comfortable while performing. I agree with Darrell that maybe the guitar could be pulled back a bit but that’s a minor nit. A really nice performance. Time to talk to DavidP about doing a virtual open mic?? TFP.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the listen and the feedback, it is really appreciated. It’s a song I loved back in 88 and one I still love now, it’s such a great tune.

I’m still using my mobile phone at the moment until I’ve sorted a stand for my condenser mic, that should hopefully sort that issue out.

@oldhead49 Dave, I’m already signed up to the OM. :worried: :laughing:

2 Likes

Nicely done, Stefan. You’ve come across as being very comfortable singing and playing which is always great when it happens that way.

1 Like

Very nice Stefan, playing and vocals both. It will get nice when you sort out your mic to balance the levels a bit. Vocals did get louder as you went along though. Great song, and I really like your cover.

1 Like

Knockin’ on Stefan’s door…
Great stuff, mate. That was super cool, relaxed strumming action. Great performance with solid vocals on top. You’ve got the right approach play > performance > technology
Vibes :sunglasses:

1 Like

It can be difficult giving feedback on a performance because you never want to discourage them by saying anything negative. Your performance had nothing negative about it. Well done. I wish I could play with such fluidity and class,

1 Like

Hey Stefan, that was great! Poison was one of my favorite bands when I was a teenager and I saw them on their Open Up and Say Ah tour. Awesome to see you post a cover of this song.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. It’s always good to hear it, be it good or bad, when you are learning alone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes