Favorite Rock Song

I’ll go first
My favorite rock song is between a lot of different Beatles songs, but I’ll just pick a random one of my favorites: Norwegian Wood

Ok, that’s the topic I can talk about for ages, but if I need to choose just one, it’d be Blackbird by Alter Bridge.

It’s just a perfect song and I really can’t state enough how much I love it.

2 Likes

I think I got down to 2. There’s Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas and Mistreated by Deep Purple. The complicated thing with Mistreated is that with the ever changing line-ups of Deep Purple and Rainbow, there’s a lot of versions to consider. For me, the thing that cemented it was actually seeing Whitesnake play it on their “Purple Tour”. There’s a big building guitar solo at the end, and hearing that at concert volume just took me off somewhere. Whitesnake have a live album of that tour which is pretty much as good.

All that said, I’m going to go left-field and offer a cover of it by none Whitesnake or Deep Purple, but i promise it’s worth your time…

4 Likes

Hi Jacob,
Perhaps if I can list 100+ and there is clear agreement about what rock is and per day whether a happy mood or a less happy mood and I can regularly come back to it, then it should work, but as with an earlier topic`s about your favorite song …for me it’s impossible and luckily I don’t have to choose :sweat_smile:
Have fun ,
Greetings Rogier

4 Likes

That’s an amazing cover! And what a great song, I’m a huge Purple fan too. And you gave me a perfect opportunity to revisit one of the best covers of their song I’ve heard, Lazy by Joe Bonamassa and Jimmy Barnes.

1 Like

Currently this one, but when the album comes out in June that might change :laughing:

5 Likes

Deep Purple has some great music.

2 Likes

this is really good. good picks man

1 Like

They sure have. Their whole catalogue is great, but I have a special place for In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head and Perfect Strangers. One of the greatest hard rock albums ever.

1 Like

For sure!

Made In Japan

1 Like

Oh, how I wish to see Purple back in the days. I saw thwm in 2018 and it was a great show, but in the 70s they were just… Well, the greatest hard rock band in the world.

2 Likes