Favourite Fender Telecaster color

Is that guitar yours Rob? Looks like you’ve got a few more guitars than I remember seeing…

oh hell no, I’d love it tho! A tele is still way up on my list of potential next guitars just got to figure out which one

1 Like

I really like classic Butterscotch with black pick guard. It’s very simple, but yet iconic.
Also this Tele (which isn’t a real Tele) from Paul David’s recent video looks just marvelous to me.

1 Like

Really liked the all-rosewood-neck versions:

But people used to hate them :melting_face:

1 Like

That`s why I like my Arctic white its different to the usual colours

1 Like

I would like a shell pink tele with a rosewood board. I think they would look sharp.

1 Like

Oh dear this has got my gas bubbling, as I don’t have a Tele. Guess it would have to be TSB
to match my MiM Strat. But this caught my interest while window shopping.

Fender Telecaster Custom FMT HH BCBIL

Walk away from the browser, nothing to see here !! :rofl:

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fender Player Tele Limited Edition in British Racing Green with a matching Blues Junior amplifier!!!

Makes my motor rev!!!

Tod

2 Likes

I was seriously considering getting these when I settled on my AIO T-series axe…

Tod

3 Likes

gorgeous guitar… WANT!!!

1 Like

Late to the party, but the old “Black Guard” style teles like this with the maple fretboard are my favorite!

1 Like

I choose the BB and love the looks of it.

2 Likes

There is only one possible colour for a Tele. Listen to the the Boss…

Watching the thread keenly for future GAS :rofl:

Ummmm…

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

His first choice Tele was in getting some repairs.

Or it’s a photoshopped item of fake news.

I blame AI … and the CIA. :sunglasses:

I can’t imagine why it would need any repairs …

1 Like

I guess he uses the sunburst for certain occasions (from an article I found on Bruce’s gear):

Among the most notorious rotating Tele/Esquires one can find his sunburst version of the original instrument, which he uses frequently to grace British audiences when he performs The Clash’s classic hit, “London Calling”. The latter became a staple in his concerts since Springsteen was called upon to perform the tune as a tribute to Joe Strummer.

But he was throwing the sunburst. Just shows how much he values that one. :smile:

2 Likes

He’s been throwing all kinds of teles all through his career, including the famous butterscotch he calls “the mutt” (which is the one on the cover of Born to Run, but not the one in the picture above). He retired that one (only uses it at home and sometimes for recordings now) as it’s completely used. During the last tour he used (at least) 3 teles, a butterscotch, a sunburst and a black one. Apparently, they’re all made up to be clones of the original butterscotch - technically that is, not in colour😊

2 Likes