Favourite Fender Telecaster color

Hi guys! I want your opinion. What’s your favourite Fender Telecaster color? I am planning to buy one but I am stuck in the color :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Walnut and resin?

8 Likes

Wow @RobDickinson this guitar is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was stuck between the natural finish on roasted pine and the black. I heard that the pine, being a soft wood would ding and scratch too easily. I also like the custom models with dual edge bindings but that was not an option. If you want a real vintage look, the natural blond finish was the first tele. In the end I went for a black one… (and love it)
I also liked it for the maple neck with gloss finish on the fretboard and satin back. Your hand slides so much better on the satin neck.

2 Likes

Thanks for this beautiful view! I am thinking for the butterscotch blonde but i like also the black of this photo. That was my plan! A satin finish from the back and gloss finish on the fretboard. Thanks!

A While ago I bought an arctic white squire Tele with a maple neck not sure what the fret board is but its very light it had black dots but I did not like them so replaced them with stick on mother of pearl ones I had intended to change the scratch plate to black but I think I like the white one its the only colour I liked

1 Like

@Guitarman63 This one is a color that i am interested in to buy :smiley: . I think the “whole white” is better than the additional of the black scratch plate. Thanks for your help!

Is Rosewood a colour?

If not, it’s hard to beat the look of a blackguard.

2 Likes

love that!

Wow! :astonished: What’s this??? I think that’s the most beautiful tele i ve ever seen! All from rosewood? I think i can’t afford this! This must be worth a fortune!:joy:

1 Like

That looks like the George Harrison edition telecaster. Fender made a limited number available right after the Beatles Get Back documentary was released, but they sold out pretty much instantly. All rosewood body. They ran about $2800 here in the US, So definitely not cheap! Beautiful guitar though :star_struck: :guitar: @angelakis

I didn’t know that @Jenndye429 George Harrison’s taste always was superb! Yes indeed. It’s a little bit expensive but is logical. It would be better though if the guitar was from rosewood and the fretboard from maple. Sorry… bad joke​:face_holding_back_tears: but I prefer maple fretboard.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

oh wow looking on reverb $7-9k NZD not a cheap plank of wood

2 Likes

Well i am a fan of the late Rick Parfitt of status quo he had a white Tele

1 Like

As much as I’m happy with my Fender Vintera Tele which is in Lake Placid blue, I’m actually a big fan of anything where you can see the wood grain so the guitar actually looks like it’s made from wood. The Gibson SG that I have has red wood stain finish and that replaced a Les Paul that I owned that was a black wood stain finish.

1 Like

I love the look of the original butterscotch with blackfuard.
I also love a sunburst double-bound custom
Anything with visible grain - yes.
Black is cool, especially on a 70s Keef style.
The rosewood models are way too heavy but look killer.

2 Likes

Butterscotch blobde

4 Likes

I got the arctic white Tele, and I love it, always feel excited to pick it up. Also, I think it’s not a super common colour people choose, so a bit more original

1 Like

I think my yellow flame maple topped Tele is pretty awesome looking (but it’s a weird tele).

The best colour to me is Texas Tea on the American Ultra series. It looks different under different lighting, from black to shiny brown.

Interesting! :smiley: