Feel-good moment about strumming

This weekend I was trying the old faithful strumming pattern when things suddenly clicked and was able to continue the strumming in the beat and change chords. A real ā€˜achievement unlockedā€™ moment for me! :blush: It also sounded good, btw.

Now I need to go and search for songs that have this strumming pattern so I can play them properly. I used all downs up until now.

4 Likes

Cool well done Lodewijk, its always a great feeling when something clicks !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Terrific moment for you mate. Well done. That strumming pattern will work on many, many songs, and will open things up for you.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

That is great to hear Lodewijk and what a wonderful feeling it is. There will be no stopping you now. Time to rock!

1 Like

I love a good ā€œclickā€ moment!

Rather than worry about finding songs that have that strumming pattern, just try it with any song you choose. It will work for a lot of them, and if not, just move on.

At these beginning levels, all the strumming patterns in the books and app are simplified approximations that sound good in a doable way. So there is no wrong.

If it sounds goodā€¦.

3 Likes

Great stuff. Always an encouraging moment when something clicks. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have many more such moments.

1 Like