Feel Good Strumming

Glad that was useful, Adam! It’s really rewarding when, after practicing a song with a metronome, you play the song without the metronome and nail the rhythm.

I’m happy for you that you’re learning quickly - that’s especially nice when starting out! When you inevitably get to something challenging, it’s great to go back and play the stuff that you’ve gotten good at. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community Adam.
Kudos and good vibes for posting a video and asking for feedback.

If you are only focussed on your strumming feel, not on chords, chord changes etc, I strongly suggest you hold your hand lightly against all strings to mute the sound. Because they are all open strings, the sound rings out constantly and the strummed hits all merge into one another. there is no clarity and definition in the sound of your strums as individual moments.
Go for a percussive sound and you will much more easily hear the rhythm, the groove, the sense of a good feeling strum. If you do this along to a metronome or simple drum track it will be even better. Start slow - about 60bpm and nudge up to about 90bpm.

Another piece of advice I would give for your own self to help you analyse is to watch your strumming with the volume muted. Look at the mechanics of your hand and arm as they strum.

1 Like

Definitely relaxed!