Fellas get out the way

This song has been on my list to learn for ages and it’s one of a good handful of songs that I’ve added to my repertoire thanks to Justin’s lesson on how to combine thumb and finger while strumming

My song was originally written and performed by Scott Cook, we had the pleasure of seeing him perform several times in recent years. It cracks me up a lot that he found a way to rhyme with the word malarky.

Hope you enjoy it, overall I’m happy with the recording, I’ve deliberately not tried to edit the various rough bits in the song and even messed up my strumming in the last bit for one measure and recovered well enough to leave it as is.

8 Likes

Nicely played and sung, Tony, well done.

1 Like

That was terrific stuff Tony. Loved the playing and great vocals too.

1 Like

Thanks @DavidP and @SgtColon for the kind words of encouragement.

Sounding great Tony. The thumb & finger vibe through the song adds a great feel to it.

1 Like

Hi Tony,
I already gave you a thumbs up, but haven’t typed anything yet…not always necessary in this busyness …and vacation time here anyway…
But I think it’s a great song to listen to…guitar and vocals… :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Thanks @jkahn and @roger_holland - appreciate the comments. That thumb and finger lesson has been one of the best all round for me. Another song that I’ve tried a few times previously I tried yesterday with the thumb and finger and it worked perfectly. woo hoo.

2 Likes

Very enjoyable listen, Tony
Nice pick/strumming, vocals, great balance and delivery.
What’s not to like? (Well, I’d enjoy to see you playing it even more :wink:)
I’m watching a German box set Babylon Berlin at the moment (I think you mentioned you had German ancestors?) and they played a similar themed emancipation song recorded nearly a century ago
Keep it up, mate :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words. Friends who’ve seen me both live and recorded have said I’m best live. My parents were German and apparently I was conceived in Germany although try as I might I have no memory of it.