Fender stratocaster professional 2

Hello,

I am planning to buy a Fender Stratocaster Professional 2 in the colour sunburst. Really love the looks and quality of it.

Because I am a lefthanded player the opportunity of playing one are limited.
Can someone tell me something about the deep C neck profile of this Fender?
I don’t have very large hands or long fingers. Don’t know if the deep C profile will be a problem.

Is this Stratocaster suitable for an intermediate level player ?

Thanks,

Frans

1 Like

Strats are polyvalent workhorses but the neck profile has a big impact on how you feel. In an ideal situation, you try a guitar somewhere that has a deep C profile because it might feel quite hefty in comparison to a regular C

Btw you’re called Frans you won’t happen to be Belgian (or from The Netherlands)?
if you are, why not pay a visit to leftyguitars.be? It’s a small shop but it’s filled with lefty guitars

2 Likes

I have an AmPro I Strat which has the same neck profile and I really like it. I am about 5’8” and have shorter fingers and find that I’m not limited at all by the neck profile.

When I bought mine about three years ago, I was a new player and I went to the store expecting to buy a more mid-priced electric. I played a lot of different guitars and even with my limited skill set, I found the AmPro Strat just felt better than everything else I picked up (even other Strats). I decided to go for it because I wanted a guitar that I would be inspired to play and because I didn’t want to second guess myself every time I picked up my guitar.

Now, three years later, I still love my Strat and have no desire to change or upgrade. I did add an acoustic guitar to my kit last year and my plan is to keep it and my Strat as my only two guitars.

1 Like

But whatever guitar you want. That is a good guitar.

You won’t know if you like the feel of the neck until you try it. Feel is personal. I have one guitar with a C and one with modern C and they both feel good, not sure what deep C feels like.

1 Like

Yes, I am Dutch.
Living in the Nothern-East part of Holland so its quite a trip to Putte. Will think it over if I take the risk and adapt. Some say that its not that kind of a different feel and overall opinion is that its a comfortable neck. Thanks fot the input Lieven !

1 Like

Good and brave decision.
Buying what feels best even if its more expensive is a good thing also for a beginners. Also your guitar will grow on you and will become your best friend. For the level I am right now the Pro II will be a little bit overkill but your story will justify the decision to buy it anyway.

Its also a good to know that my sloppy playing is not due to the guitar. That way it challenges you to get better. Thanks fot the input jkahn !

@FraLus Hi Frans, I have one of these, I tend to spend most of my time playing on acoustic or Les Paul. This is not reflection on this guitar, I am just drawn more to the sound of the LP. What I can say though is that this it is a great quality instrument and I think good value for money, and I should really play it more. I just picked it up now, perfectly in tune after 2 months of not being used, unlike my LPs which would definitely need tuning after being left for that long. Many people claim they have small hands but mostly they don’t IMO, I really do have small hands one of the reason I am drawn to shorter scale instruments like the LP. Having said that the neck on the Pro 2 is not a problem for me at all, bar chords no problem, hand does not feel tired after doing them for prolonged periods , even thumbs over I can occasionally make , can’t do this on my LP. The Pro 2 also has a lovely slick finish on the back of the neck , not sure what it is but it is a great feel. I have the sienna burst which is roasted pine body, it is super light weight if this is important to you. , As others have said , you really need to try it for yourself. I have tried expensive guitars which have been recommended to me and yet they just don’t feel good to me. It has taken me a good few years to find the ones that I feel comfortable with. Good luck

1 Like

Thank you Eric. Sounds like the Fender Pro is really a quality guitar. Thats what I am looking for. I really like the sound of the stratocaster. All my guitar heroes are playing the strat (Gilmour, Hendrixs, Knopfler, Frusciante). Its so versatile and love the clean tones coming from it.
Think this will become the 2nd Strat besides the Black Strat I already own.

1 Like

@FraLus Graag gedaan, I am living in my home country scotland but lived in NL for many years and my wife is dutch also

1 Like

Because the neck is bolt on you could always change the neck later if there is a problem. Fender sell replacement necks.

1 Like

Hi Eric,
Didn’t she find it rainy enough here ? :grimacing:… :laughing:
No, I can record more than one things straight from the head why Scotland is a wonderful and better choice… :sunglasses:

And Frans I wish you a lot of fun buying a guitar, let the search for the right purchase be a big part of the fun… :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Groeten aan jouw vrouw ! Will try some models but as a relative unexperienced player its hard to tell what really suits me. More experienced players know what they want and what they don’t want. I will find out what feels best for me. Think I cant go wrong with the Prof. II.

Yep, thats true but you know what they say in Holland; bezit van de zaak is het einde van het vermaak (kind of; possession of the thing is the end of the entertainment)

1 Like

I’m left handed also. I have found that I could order a guitar from fender mod shop and get the color, neck, pickups, pick guard that I wanted and it was only $150. You might want to look into that. You can build what you want online with their app without any obligation. It will show you how much it will cost. Mine took 6 weeks and they were busy. I couldn’t be happier with mine. Worth checking it out. Did I mention it was fun too

1 Like

Hey Harry, good idea but the Pro II is nearly perfect I think. Have done a partocaster myself with the Gilmour Black Strat. Top quality parts from America. Will never sell that one.

With left handed you’re limited to color also. With the 10% discount it comes out to be about the same price. They also give you 10% off any fender purchase for 1 year. It doesn’t cost anything to look. And it’s fun to see the guitar come together stay tuned

1 Like