Finger care -soaking them in apple cider vinegar?

Is there anything to this soaking your fingers in apple cider vinegar before and after you play.? my fingers are calloused. I don’t have any problems with them. I’m not sure if it’s just good general maintenance for your fingers?
Going to try today soaking them in apple cider vinegar for a minute before and after practice I’ll see what happens

1 Like

I may have been living under a rock but I’ve never heard of this Jason. What’s it meant to do?!

1 Like

I don’t know that’s what I’m trying to find out. I’m not sure if it’s for only when your fingers hurt you or any time?

Do not use apple cider vinegar it stinks!!!

1 Like

White vinegar has antibiotic and antifungal properties, so can be used to nail treat infections. I have never heard of it having any benefit whatsoever to healthy guitar players, and very much doubt that it has any.

Then why bother at all? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Your fingers will start tasting like apple cider and you might shoot off to local store to buy yourself a pint :grinning: as for guitar related answer I am sure not much will happen :grinning:

2 Likes

I do basically nothing to my fingers to maintain the calluses. Nails get trimmed (left hand) or filed (right hand). I’m not sure anything is needed.

There’s stuff you can do to harden calluses I think, never tried any of it though.

1 Like

Why would you do that? There are professions that put much much much more strain on hands and fingers than playing an instrument, and even then you hardly ever need any “special” concoctions to keep them in shape.

Seriously, where do people find out about these things in the first place?

1 Like

Wow. Never heard of it but I do care about over straining my hand and fingers :sob:

If you want to soften and, eventually, remove your callouses, maybe…

But that sounds like the opposite of what any guitar player would want.

:man_shrugging:

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Nope.