Fingerstyle Wonderful Tonight, 1st Video

Red button nerves for my first recording, hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/2d3gbPkFz6U

14 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats on a first recording, Gary, and a fine performance. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it sounded wonderful tonight (oi, that’s soooo bad). Control of both left and right hands, clean chords and notes, steady rhythm. Lots to love and be pleased about.

Congratulations Gary, it sounded good.

Its a similar version, that I am trying to learn now.

Super strong first recording Gary.

I have nothing else to add really, keep at it! Cheers!

Gosh that was so lovely Gary. The gentleness of your approach and your playing sing the lyrics so well. The tenderness enveloped me. No evidence of RBN at all.

That was really nice Gary, no evidence of the nerves, but we understand the feeling.

That was a lovely, lovely cover of this song, really catches the vibe.

Gary, that was absolutely beautiful! It was also a great demonstration of minimal movement. That is some intro video.

Just so beautiful! Loved this!!! Well done mate cheers!

Hello Gary,
:star_struck: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
That sounded great,…nice 1st video,…you have set the bar quite high now :smile:…no pressure no pressure, because if the next one is a little less we know that you can already play guitar well play :sweat_smile: :sunglasses:…a deep bow to you sir
Greetings,Rogier

Well done Gary sounded amazing and easily recognizable so I would say mission accomplished :sweat_smile:

Gary, that was beautiful! Inspired me to try and do that and record it so I can play Clapton’s string bending over it. Thank you.

Thank you all for your kind words.
It’s been about seven years since I last played and it was quite difficult to pick the guitar up again, I’ve been revisiting the beginner course to try and get back to where I was and it has given me something back in my life.
Hopefully I will keep it up from here on.

4 Likes

I like it! Well done. Soulfully played. Nice share.

Congratulations on your debut recording Gary.

That was beautifully done. Great picking, excellent timing and you had me singing along. Bravo!

So beautiful!! We’ll done :+1:

1 Like

Wow, this was great, very inspiring - heck of a first AVOYP post!! Looking forward to listening to your Fields of Gold.

1 Like

Beautiful. I love this song. :two_hearts:

1 Like