Fire and Rain (w Krista on vocals)

It’s great hearing collaborations. Making music with others is great. Especially when done so well. Congrats Mari AND Krista!

1 Like

Lovely rendition. I’ve been working on this to help improve my acoustic picking and finding it quite challenging. You two did a beautiful job.

1 Like

Thank you @Willsie01 and @think2100 . Jay, I worked on that song off and on for a couple of years, the hard part for me was the timing. It is nice when you finally get it though! :slight_smile:

Very nice and well done. Once again you 2 have produced an excellent production. I really enjoyed it and look forward to hearing more from you two. To my ears Krista’s voice sounded a tad different. Perhaps a bit deeper, yet it seemed to fit the song well here. Mari, your playing was just great. Together you gals are bomb!

Keep on rock’n in 22!
LB

1 Like

@LBro thanks for listening and your comments, glad you enjoyed it. Re the key, yes we fussed with that a bit, when we moved the capo up it lost a lot of the feel of the original so we opted to keep it as low as a Krista could comfortably sing it, which was 1/2 tone higher than JT. Another 1 to 1.5 tones would be her ideal key, but then we didn’t like the guitar sound (plus starting at capo 3 for JT’s key moving up to capo 6 was the highest I could really play the guitar part).

So good Mari… you are such a great musician

1 Like

Thank you @SandyMusic that’s a very nice thing to say :smiley: