Fire and Rain (w Krista on vocals)

Exactly that Toby. I’m not able to open Reaper now but in my view, I have a control above the track next to the media item name that I use to either amplify or attenuate. I’ve never done it the way you describe but that is what we were talking about, getting those levels right.

Spot on Toby. I do exactly the same on my originals. Much easier just making play and sing recordings straight out of OBS :grin:

1 Like

I find it more controllable dragging the line opposed to the “volume knob” but does the same job.
Re OBS, yes easier but then all those inconsistencies are fused and you can’t mix them out. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@DavidP and @TheMadman_tobyjenner thank you for this, I have appts today and meetings tonight so likely can’t check it further until tomorrow. Toby, that horizontal line seems to be missing, you can see that in the clip of the 2 tracks above (although I recall that management of individual track volumes was via a little circle at the top of the track - but as evidenced in other posts my memory is definitely imperfect). David, I had a usage problem on my email in the fall and ended up deleting almost all my old emails before I realized that wasn’t the problem, I had to ‘expunge deleted messages to reduce data usage’. So, unfortunately I do not have our old emails :confused:

I’ve had to do the same, Mari, but we figured it out before so am sure we’ll get it sorted again.

1 Like

Mari

You have to click inside/on the track (anywhere on the waveform will do) and the line then appears but it is just the same as the volume/level dial or circle as you call it.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

@toby just headed out will try that later, thanks

And of course Kenny has a video to address this :rofl:

Media Item - Volume Control

Looking at the Videos page and expanding editing, I see there are a couple of other videos that are Reaper version specific. So maybe look at the appropriate one if the Preferences look different to what is in this video.

1 Like

Mari and Krista, this was so beautiful in all aspects. I really was zoned in to your fingerstyle. Incredible!

2 Likes

Thank you Pam, I’ve been at learning that song off and on for a couple of years :smiley:

@mari and krista: WOW!!! This is absolutely awesome! I think you two hit a homerun with this one. The time you spent learning this, Mari, has certainly paid off. Your playing is over the top. And Krista’s voice fits the song so well. A great song and a wonderful performance by the two of you. Take a big bow!

1 Like

Thank you Dave, very much appreciated :slight_smile:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner and @DavidP thank you again for your input - I watched that video and the Reaper version I am using (I’m slow to update so it’s not the most recent) didn’t look exactly the same so I still couldn’t find the Item Volume. But at least now I know it’s called the Item Volume. And with Toby’s comments about a horizontal line that now made sense, and that option I did find in preferences, so now I can control the volume of each track, by sections if I want, using that horizontal line. Great, thank you, that will be very very helpful in future recordings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always a pleasure, Mari. Glad you’ve picked up something helpful through this conversation.

What version of Reaper are you currently running?

1 Like

I’m running v6.28 (Apr 22/21). v6.45 seems to be the most current.

If you haven’t already, then take a quick look at this video, Mari. From what I can tell it should help with preferences for the volume knob.

1 Like

Thank you David, yes it did! I like having both the horizontal line, which I didn’t previously know about, and the volume knob. The line is easier to see, but the volume knob is easier to click back to zero.

1 Like

Lovely co-op!

A tad much phaser/chorus or what its it on vocals but besides that: awesome.
Smooth flow of playing and good place to settle for capo position hearing the timbre like this

1 Like

Thank you @LievenDV . I was happier with the sound on the vocals then the guitar, gotta figure out what that was about. Thank you for your input, I was thinking that this would be a good song for you to sing! :smiley:

1 Like

Superb cover of the song, Mari. You’ve absolutely smashed it.

1 Like

Thank you John, I think I posted on your cover that you did a great job playing and singing, I on the other hand had to coerce Krista into singing for me! :smiley:

1 Like