First Cover AVOYP, Bob Marley-Stir it up

Your play seemed pretty relaxed, in a groove, Darren.

As LBro said, I think raising the level of the backing would help to hear if your groove fits the song. As much as I enjoy music, I still struggle to hear that sort of thing. And I think reggae is quite challenging to play on the right beat/off-beat and get the accents right. I can’t comment on how well you managed that.

Nice work Darren - reggae strumming isn’t as easy as the pros make it look. Great progress from the first video - keep it going!

Real good Darren!

I agree with others. Regge’ is hard for me to play.
You did great with getting in the groove with that regge’ song.

A fun listen and thanks for sharing.

I like both your versions. No back track and with a back track.
Imho, no back track is hardest. At least for me it is.

Thank you @LBro ! And I will try to get the backing track a bit fuller. I am using 2 cell phones to do this along with Moises app to control the sound. Takes me a few times just to get it to that point. However I will keep on eye out for this.

Thanks. I thought the strumming pattern was interesting and sounded pretty good.

Thank you @DavidP! I did the best I could with a genre I don’t really play. I am surprised that I could get it sounding even a bit like reggae! If the accents and off beat are on, then I probably got a bit lucky as this is not a song I play often at all. I have listened to the song many times and me inner musical being is becoming better. Actually, this is the first time I revisited since I posted it last!

Thank you @twistor59 ! Yeah, when I first posted the song, I thought that would be a fairly easy one. Not realizing that it wasn’t!!! Lol. But thank you, I think I can say I have improved and that makes me smile!:partying_face::love_you_gesture:

Thank you @HappyCat ! I also agree with this, mostly. It certainly makes it easier to follow the melody. Getting in the groove without the backing track is a bit trickier. However I found that once I know the song really good, your musical imagination just takes over. It’s kinda like having the song recorded in your head! Such a good feeling!

Rock on all!!
Darren

1 Like