First loodle with my new PRS

Very nice David! I know that’s a great guitar because I have one - in black. I still have a 7 gauge string on the high E from where I was trying to reach an insanely high “F” in Gary Moore’s “The Prophet”. ( I never quite made it). Have you tried the whammy bar yet?

1 Like

Well, well, David, a PRS semi!!! Outstanding. Sounds like you are already having lots of fun with it. I’m sure it will bring you much joy. And the more you play it, the more you’ll be able to fine tune the sounds you want to get. I found with PRS it’s a totally different sound learning experience from the Strat. But it sounds like you’re getting dialed in pretty well already. I look forward to hearing more from that beauty soon. Enjoy!

1 Like

Nice tones David :ok_hand:

1 Like

@twistor59
Thanks Phil. The balck must look fabulous, with the figuring. I’ve seen pictures of a charcoal colour that also look gorgeous. Fair to say, PRS colours are generally pretty cool.

I’d dropped to a set with a 9 on the high E on my LP, to make learning to bend a little easier. The PRS comes with a similar set. Next up for me is to put fresh strings on. They say, fresh strings is generally a good move after buying a new guitar.

As for Gary Moore, in due course, I aim to get to playing some of his solos, and also Peter Green’s. I can now get back to bending and vibrato practice and working on the Need YOur Love So Bad intro solo.

I’ve given it a wiggle and a jiggle, and wrapped up this loodle with a little whammy action. But would have to say not yet really into it. Having a whammy bar wasn’t a necessity for me, more of a bonus feature.

@oldhead49
Thanks Dave. I recall you settled on a PRS but forget which model. Mine is the SE Custom Semi-hollow. I already have the sense that the quality of the pickups and electronics is better than the Epiphone LP and will deliver a broader range of tones. The coil-tap also delivers a bigger difference in tone than I heard on my LP.

Lots of fun ahead. Now to get back to developing technique, learning some solos, and of course there’ll be more loodles.

I have a musician friend who loves his strat but always said the strat was his most challenging instrument to get the best sounding tones from it. Not sure why. Certainly very different with the 3 single coils, to the dual humbuckers of an LP or may of the semi-hollow or hollow body guitars.

I do enjoy lots of music with guitarists playing strats, but for me personally whenever I have tried guitars, I am just drawn to the fuller, darker sound of the humbucker.

@liaty
Thanks Dave, glad you enjoyed the tones. Such fun to fiddle with amp and guitar to produce something pleasing.

Some great loodling there David. The guitar is sounding sweet and YES! to using the whammy bar at the end.

How are you finding it to play, now that you have had it a couple of weeks?

@SgtColon Thanks Stefan. It’s a winner. I’m finding it comfortable to play, body shape and weight, playability is good, quality of pickups and controls to produce a range of tones excellent. And now I have the overdrive pedal in front of the looper, I can focus on dialing in a decent rhythm tone and then engage that pedal for the lead tone, which is also working really well.

1 Like

Lovely tone and playing @DavidP. Gorgeous Guitar.

1 Like

@BobW72 Thanks Bob. Glad you enjoyed it and I am very happy with the PRS, looks good, feels good, sounds good to me.

1 Like