First plugged in gig

A little recording of my first outing at a plugged in gig. Played two hours and it was fun.

Some of you might remember this was an original composition from a while back.

Two guitars, banjo, octave mandola, bazoki and percussion on the day and some very lower power amplification outdoor.

13 Likes

Hi Dom,
If I had been there, I would have ignored my company and listened intently to you… :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

That was really enjoyable to listen to.

Then caused me to fall down a rabbit hole looking up mandolin, octave mandola and bouzouki! What tuning do you use? This is a fun video with two being played with slightly different tuning - https://youtu.be/0YGNnYZwDZ8? (Jump to 8:31 for the end result)

1 Like

That was great Dom - love the tune!

1 Like

Bloody fantastic song mate!

1 Like

I remember this one well Dom as it was another cracker from you ( I would say savage but some of the non Irish members might not understand savage as a compliment :joy:). Well done on the gig and I could easily sit front row and listen to you play for 2 hours and more.

1 Like

I’ll keep you a seat Rogier :joy:

1 Like

Thanks again maths

1 Like

Thanks twistor. It’s been evolving and growing all the time like a fine wine. I enjoy it anyway.

Thanks Eddie. Sabháiste as cabáiste. :joy:

1 Like

Thanks again. Octave Mandola is tuned to EAEA which is unusual but works really well.

Different tune from the same gig. Doesn’t do it justice live due to questionable guitar accompaniment but small indication.

2 Likes

Sounded good, Dom.

I assume you played over backing tracks that you had pre-recorded?

1 Like

No. That’s all live David. Myself and 4 other guys.

Ah a band, I missed that, Dom. I suppose asking to much that a friend of the band took some video on their phone that you could share?

1 Like

Remember it well, Dom :smiley:
Fills out really well with the rest of the band :open_mouth:
Two hours- wow! I can barley learn two songs :rofl:

1 Like

Hi David,

I’ve thrown this together for you. Not very good but am idea nonetheless

2 Likes

Hi Dom,
After just 1 minute this was 1000x more fun to watch and so much more listening pleasure… :sunglasses:
And now I long to have been there even more and :clap: :clap: :clap:
Greetings

Ps: @brianlarsen come back here and watch :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re not the king of me, Rogier! :angry:
… but yes, I much prefer visuals with my auditory :laughing:
Are you the black cap or lefty, Dom?

2 Likes

Black cap is I. Wine jumper.

30 songs or instrumentals spilt evenly among 3 singers. a musical journey from Traditional Irish, Americana, Blues, Rock n Roll up to contemporary. Covers and originals.

Well received. I can’t lie. I’ve never been into drugs but it’s quite the feeling to see people dancing to something you wrote.

Thanks for sharing the video, Dom. Really cool place to sit and play, to sit and listen. Music sounds fabulous with the ensemble of instruments in the mix.

1 Like