First post of my guitar playing covering Audioslave’s Doesn’t Remind Me

Hello everyone. I’ll start by introducing myself, my name is Chuck. I started Justin’s course in January of 2021 and have now completed the entire beginner course, but still have a loooong way to go. I never thought I would record myself playing and definitely didn’t think I would post it online, but here I go.

Here is a video of me trying to play Doesn’t Remind Me from Audioslave about 10 months after starting to learn.

And here is me trying to play the same song today. Like I said, still not great, but better I guess?

10 Likes

Charley @chuckthoma

Well done, a big step to post your first AVOYP.

Welcome to the community.

Michael :+1:

Welcome Charley.

Congrats on your first recording, certainly some improvement between the two videos. Chord changes and rhythm definitely better. Some timing issues keeping things flowing but like all of us that all comes with practice and repetition, so well done.

If you have any queries, there’s plenty of folk around here to help out, so just holler !

:sunglasses:

Hello Chuck, welcome to the community and congrats on your first AVOYP :clap::+1::partying_face:.
That’s a big step😃.

Oh yes, you’ve definitely improved. Well done :clap:. With a bit more of practice you’ll soon nail this song, for sure. Maybe, put a bit more focus on the chord changes you’re still struggeling with. Some appear to be a quite tricky.

Regarding rhythm, I’ve mentioned Justins Strumming SOS course already in my comment to your other post :slightly_smiling_face:. It’s not for free, but absolutely worth the money :blush:.

There seem to be some parts of the song, you already feel very comfortable with. That’s a pleasure to watch and listen :smiley:. Keep on practicing it, and soon the whole song will be like that :slightly_smiling_face:.

Beautiful guitar, by the way :blush:.

Well done of your first video post. There is a marked improvement between the two. On the latest you seem to have some slight pauses between chord changes at times. I had this problem and found it difficult to get rid of, the sooner you try and sort it out the easier it will be.

Hello Charley and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting. It was good to see they side by side and the improvement you have made. The song is coming along nicely.

Chuck, I love your progress. Like me, it might take some time, but the more we practice, the better we get. Keep on going!

I appreciate all the tips and kind words.