First video - I Walk The Line (Sarahsus2)

Hey Sarah,

Glad to listen to your first video. Well done & I love your vocal tone. It seems you are following good practice habits. You will learn fast. Looking forward to your next post.

1 Like

Well done Sarah. Playing with a metronome, steady rhythm, clean chord changes and singing as you play - all going well. Well done :star2:

1 Like

Very well done Sarah! Playing, singing, smooth chord changes, good rythm, keeping time with the metronome - this is quite an accomplishment! Well done!

1 Like

Nicely done Sarah and good example of how to do it using simple strumming and the metronome to keep you in time. Really really tricky to play and sing at the start so well done. Hope you are please with it as well. Now you’ve got the basics right you’ll soon speed it up.

1 Like

Superb, Sarah - you doesn’t have to make it super fancy, keeping it simple but steady and clean is sometimes all it takes to have a great quality. From this solid foundation you will have it much easier to develop it in every direction you like.

1 Like

Very well done Sarah, that was an excellent first post.

Great timing and smooth changes, also, as others have said singing this early on is no mean feat, so brilliant stuff.

1 Like

@pkboo3 @batwoman @Tom_B @Rossco01 @Kutzsche @SgtColon Thank you all so much for the kind words! I’m so happy to have found this wonderful community.

Hey and welcome @Sarahsus2 !

You didn’t make it youself easy, starting singing and playing simultauously quite soon and making that vid of “walk the line”; not the easiest either!

You kept your rhythm absolutely tight thanks to the metronome.

I think you are ready to start experimenting with an upstrum between the downstrums.
Your hand is going upwards anyway to do the next downstrum so why not go for it, even if it means starting reaaalll slow? :wink:

It will double the msoothness of your song AND you practice a crucial fundamental as well

See you around!

1 Like

Hi Sarah, your first video good stuff,your voice is nice and easy to listen to and the down strum is just fine,thanks for posting your progress.

1 Like

Well done Sarah. Solid rhythm, nice guitar tone and you sang along. Your going along nicely! You said “…I really do enjoy playing the guitar…”. That’s the best bit.

1 Like

Singing and playing, Im flippin impressed ! Well done to you !

1 Like

Congratulations on your first video Sarah. I really enjoyed watching you playing and singing. You have inspired me to carry on with the things I am struggling with whilst consolidating grade 1. You looked relaxed and comfortable, and I was really impressed with your rhythm. Thanks :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes