First video - I Walk The Line (Sarahsus2)

Hey all, this is my cover of Johnny Cash’s I Walk The Line. I’m currently working my way through the beginner’s course and have recently started singing while playing. This is the first song I’ve learned to play and sing at the same time. I kept it simple with four down strums per bar.

It doesn’t look like I’m having much fun in the video but I really do enjoy playing the guitar lol. It’s amazing what happens when you know the recording begins :sweat_smile:.

First video - I Walk The Line

Edit to add: Can someone please let me know how to embed the video in the post instead of the link please?

Thanks for listening, Sarah

15 Likes

Doing really well Sarah, solid strumming on point and clean changes, well done. That was really solid for someone who a) has not been playing long and b) taking on singing and playing very early in the playing “career”. Link to the vid worked fine. Lovely share :sunglasses:

Just seen the edit - just paste the YT link address here and it embeds automatically

1 Like

Hi Sarah warm welcome and congratulations on your first recording!

Keeping it simple is the best thing you can do right now, and you’re doing great! Singing and playing while recording when you’re so early in your journey is already an accomplishment worthy of praise. Many of us have been at it for years and still freeze up once the camera turns on so no worries.

One small suggestion from me - try placing your guitar a little higher up your thigh so that it is closer to your body. That way your elbow will be in a better position for strumming and you can use the full motion of your arm instead of the wrist.

Other than that super well done, looking forward to seeing you progress! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much Toby. I have tried to learn a few times throughout the years but never stuck with it. And thanks for the info on how to embed the video.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first video and first song playing and singing at the same time. That’s a milestone! Well done.

You’re doing great, so keep it up. I liked that you’re playing with the metronome and keeping on the beat. Doing that will pay dividends down the line. Also liked those signs in the background. :slight_smile:

If you just paste in the youtube video’s (https) address without any tags or anything special the forum software should convert it to an embedded video.

1 Like

I have done it for you Sarah.
You posted with:

I changed it to:
Screenshot_129

The link goes to a new link if you want it to embed. Keep it on the same line for a clickable orange link.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Ivan! I will try your suggestion about placing the guitar up a little higher as I don’t want to develop bad habits.

1 Like

Such a great first video, Sarah, glad to see you posting! You are doing really well keeping the beat, nice steady strumming matching time with the metronome which is great, and you are definitely sounding musical! I look forward to seeing further videos. Have fun playing!

2 Likes

You’re doing great Sarah, congrats on your first video post! Very good rhythm :blush:

2 Likes

Good job Sarah, it’s great to see and hear your first post on here!
It’s going to be so much easier the next time, breaking the ice is always the hardest thing. Great work for your first time singing, experience will improve on it no end, keep it up and keep them coming!

2 Likes

Well others said it all, well done and congratz! Also welcome to the Community :slight_smile: you did great job and hope to see some further videos following along the journey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a Great job! I’m just now sitting down to figure out what songs I want to learn. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Those signs are from Hobby Lobby. I’m slowly getting my music room decorated lol.

1 Like

Thank you for helping out with that Richard

@mari @DarrellW @adi_mrok @Heatherxx Thank you all so much for the kind words!

2 Likes

Thank you! I got Justin’s Beginners Songbook. It has quite a few songs in there I want to learn.

Welcome Sarah and well done posting your first AVoYP.
I look forward to following your progress in the months ahead.

1 Like

:+1: Sounds great. Just started learning guitar myself. I am using the justin guitar app. I am not to the point I can change cords as clean as you do. Soon though

1 Like

:champagne: :clap:

Well done, Sarah, making and sharing the first video is such a momentous milestone. I’ve nothing more to add to the feedback already given.

Keep on keeping on with playing, recording, and decorating … I look forward to your next share!

1 Like

Thank you, John. I think we’ve definitely come to the right place to learn and get support. Keep practicing and your chord changes will get there!