Fly Me To the Moon (Ukulele!)

Thank you Pam. I’m thinking I may bring it to a few campfires this summer :slight_smile:

DAY 8!!!
DAAAYYUMMM

This video is marketing material for upselling Uke’s to guitar players who followed Justin’s courses :smiley:

No seriously, genuinely impressed by this sweet piece of picking/strumming hybrid swing
You sure got the feeling for this instrument!

1 Like

Lol thanks Lieven

Playing and singing to Justin’s Stand By Me is almost as challenging as this one for being able to play and sing - and he calls it a beginner uke song! :slightly_smiling_face:

Well done! I can’t comment on anything specific to uke playing as I don’t know anything about it. But seeing you enjoying yourself and keeping a nice rhythm are well worth a positive and supportive comment. Play on playa!

1 Like

Play on! :slight_smile:

Hi Marie!
Excellent, dynamic performance.
And the sound of your ukulele is exactly what it should be.
Thank you for sharing, I really liked it.
Leo

1 Like

Thank you Leo :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve been having lots of fun playing that little uke.

This is great!

1 Like

Thanks Robert - 1 of my aspirations is to play jazz guitar like you!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Seriously, Day 8?! That was excellent! I can’t wait until Day 30. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m honored! Lol you’ve really found your medium with the uke. Keep playing!

1 Like

My holidays are over now Mark, so Day 30 will not be much better than Day 8!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was excellent Mari. I can’t believe that you are only 8 day’s in to the Uke. I liked the oldie worldie feel to your video as well.

I like the sound of the Uke.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan. I actually did NOT like the sound of a uke so was really surprised that I decided I wanted one! I’m quite happy with it though. Gotta pick another jazz standard to learn now :slight_smile:

Hi Mari,

I finally got around to listening to this, and glad I did.
Wow! That’s impressive stuff for a week, even when you take in transferrable guitar skills :smiley:

What struck me the most is that you play it as an actual instrument. I never saw it as such (and still don’t as I’m not crazy about the sound), For me it’s a fun and funny noize box to accompany whatever entertainment is taking place. And it is fun!
Great start and I’m looking forward to being converted :laughing:

1 Like

That’s an interesting comment, Brian. I hadn’t thought about it like that but I think that kind of sums of my prior disinterest in the uke - just a toy. I was not crazy about the sound either, but I am being converted! It is really a fun little thing to play, and will definitely be entertaining at a campfire.

1 Like