Follow up topic + Q&As about rules & etiquette in Community Recordings

@Richard_close2u As always, beautifully said Richard. :clap:

3 Likes

Hi @Richard_close2u , I have a question about where to most appropriately postā€¦if I record more of the blues studies (or other pieces that are lesson-specific).

1 Like

@jsgreen
James I would suggest here or if you want some an initial low key entrance the Beginners Sub-thread. That will solicit feed back form a wider audience. Ideally the lesson threads should be for questions relating to the lessons, seeking advice etc. I am sure @Richard_close2u or @LievenDV will correct me if that is not the case.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Toby
:wink:

2 Likes

Well said sir, especially the Not element :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi James.
Community Recordings is the overall category.
Post in a sub-category.
AVOYP is the best place.
You are beyond beginner are you?
Lesson topics really are for questions and answers rather than recordings.
Regards, Richard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, Richard, thank you for the clarification.

Beyond beginner? I donā€™t think so, my next step in the course is to consolidate Grade 2 (and I might have a quick pass through Grade 1 to make sure Iā€™ve got it all captured).

One concern I have about my progress is the lack of grade 1 and 2 songs I actually know - thatā€™s what a lot of my consolidation will be spent on fixing.

2 Likes

@jsgreen

James

You know what the man says !

Play songs Play songs Play songs Play songs. @Richard_close2u Bang a gong, my friend.

Good luck on your consolidation, I am sure you will fine.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this @Richard_close2u, now we have something to point to when subtle hints are ignored :grinning:

2 Likes

My bad - I assuned that as you had learned some of the blues studies you were beyond Grades 1 & 2 at least.

Oh!
Thereā€™s only one response I can make in that case!

Learn songs, learn songs, learn songs.

And congrats James - you are the first to elicit the use of my mantra in the new Community.
:grinning:

7 Likes

My favorite part of the forums. I love noticing progress in others on these forums.

5 Likes

Getting ready to post my first video! I read this loud and clearšŸ„°

6 Likes

Glad youā€™ve been able to air this one Richard. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Well said @Richard_close2u ; it has been a bit frustrating for some, the ā€˜look at me how good I amā€™ thing doesnā€™t go down well with folks if they donā€™t offer help to those who aspire to their level of skill - give and take is the way to keep this community how itā€™s always been!

4 Likes

Hi, so Iā€™m building up the courage to post my first video of myself playing. But Iā€™ve noticed that most people also sing whilst playing, which I simply canā€™t do (probably a good thing as Iā€™m not a good singer). Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s ok to be playing along to the song recording instead or is that a no- no?

4 Likes

@ijukes playing along is 100% fine. Go for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course it is Ingrid the instrumentalist :grinning:

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: How does one record a video to upload to Community Recordings?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Will a video upload to AVOYP be hit with a copyright strike?

Thanks, Richard. What does ā€œpaying it forwardā€ mean?

@davidbollen
David, I am sure this was picked up from the 2000 film of the same name. Google has this definition which reflects our Community ethos

The simplest way to define ā€œpay it forwardā€ is that when someone does something for you, instead of paying that person back directly, you pass it on to another person instead .

4 Likes