Foo fighters looking for feedback

Bravo Jeff. Well done my friend.

Some honest feedback? That strumming course is obviously paying off big time for you. :+1:
Your rhythm, strumming, and string attack skills have vastly improved since your last video. I am so very pleased for you mate.
You took stock a little while back, recommitted , and have obviously put in some hard yards since.
Keep doing what you’re doing mate. You’re on a good trajectory. Onward and upward.

All the best.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Jeff

Your confident strumming drives the song along. Really good version of a(nother) song I didn’t know till now. Well played!

Brian

Hi Roger,

That means a lot to hear your thoughts. I still think I have plenty to improve but feeling better about it than the start of the month.

Jeff

Thanks so much for the kind words. I thought the same that so often I sounded like I was pounding on the strings and it was pretty awful. This time I am taking small steps and truly focused on mastering the strumming SOS. It really helps to get how a song should really be broken up and then put back together with seamless transitions. Thank you very much for the encouragement.

Jeff

1 Like

Hi Shane.

Thanks so much for the positive words of encouragement. I’ve really been buckling down and trying to sound better and more balanced in playing. I want to move to the next level out of the repetitive cycle of mediocrity. Have a great day.

1 Like

It is really a great feeling and confidence builder that you and others felt the song sounded great, especially if you are not familiar with it. Thanks so much.

Ok Jeff great job bro . That is the best I heard from you.

Hi Jeff,

I can only echo what others said before: This is by far the best, most polished performance of yours I’ve heard so far. Very well done! :clap:

The hard work and effort you put into practicing strumming SOS in general and this song in particular is paying off so nicely. The dynamics sound really good, keeping a good drive through the song. Also, as your strumming seems more like on autopilot, the singing improved along as well. :+1: String attack is much lighter, better dosed and nothing is sounding out of tune. You did a great job, Jeff. You can be really proud on the progress you made in the past weeks. :smiley:

Further, I hope your health is fine now. Take care, mate! :four_leaf_clover:

That was great Jeff! I can’t fault the performance - well done - one to be proud of.

Oh, maybe bring the camera back a bit so the whole guitar is in shot. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot of the positive words of encouragement. I started 2024 in a rough patch as far as playing music and it’s nice to see a positive step towards improving. I’m hoping this is a start of some real progress. Have a happy Easter.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for raking the time to write such kind and thoughtful comments about the song. I’m glad it turned out well after my recent lessons with Justin’”s strumming cou. I’m still only halfway through it so hopefully more good things to come. I still have much more work to do but want to pace myself and give it time to learn everything correctly.

I still really love your German song you recently performed. I’m thinking of trying noch einen Lied auf Deutsch aber zwar weiss Ich nicht welches… schone Wochenende. Happy Easter.

1 Like

You have a valid point about the videography making a difference. That’s something to work on , making sure to present myself without a bunch of background distractions and even space to see the guitar strumming. I’m glad you liked the video :sunglasses: