Forget the Metronome

Sometimes after working on a beautifully slow rhythm that elaborates the pull of a well written song, you just want to play it extra fast. That when it sounds like machine knitting?!? Ok, maybe not.

But felt good to just forget the metronome for once:
https://youtu.be/Nl_FR99NfNg?si=mi_m9Cz3B_sGNizs

11 Likes

Robert

Really enjoyable because you were enjoying it - and that’s proof the timing’s perfect.

Brian

1 Like

Enjoyed watching and listening to you have fun with the song, Robert

1 Like

Hi Robert, a distinctive and enjoyable interpretation of a song I really love. Seems as if you had lots of fun with it!

1 Like

Really nice performance there Robert. The acoustic being played up the neck rather than the open position gives it a great feel.

1 Like

how long have you been playing guitar?

1 Like

Hi,
Interesting vocal style…
Nice play and pickwork! I would venture to say that from the looks of your soundhole, you have been at it a while. Sounds good and maybe that explains it?

All the best and be well,
LB

1 Like

Preciate your comment…satin finish wears quick…I was concerned and watched my struming for awhile, and I swear bad language, I just dont touch the guitar near the sound hole. Few years back I pulled into Nazareth PA USA, showed 'em my guitar and those at the Martin Factory did not flinçh.

Ok, it’s my proof of practice. Thanks LBro for taking time on “one of my out takes because I can’t really play songs!” _R

Hi twistor59, you are so correct and appreciate the comment. When I attempted this song, I an amature I realized the playing field just got really big or longer anyway. Still exploring, but just today wrote something of my own that reaches low to at least the 13th fret. Still hiking. Very much appreciate your time listening and comment. _R

Helen0609, Thanks for your time listening. Part of that rendition of course was a bit of frustration. Sometimes you get on the wrong path, sometimes its just hard. Today I read Chrissie Hynde’s story - The Pretenders. She from Akron Ohio and the boys from Hetford. WOW! and her off timing. Anyway, thanks for keeping me in your loop…_R

1 Like

Thanks for listen DavidP. I Gguess it’s like greens eggs and ham! _R

1 Like

Karende, Much appreciate the question. Off and on. Never took lessons, but sang in a garage band 48 years ago. Could not play a whole cowboy chord song until 2016; bought this guitar in 2012, because I thought I could learn. Still considering lessos, but I doubt I’ll ever be able to read music score. I guess it’s for exploring boundaries and having fun! _R

Thanks beejay56! You were the first to respond on this one. A little frustrated learning to slow down, but mostly playing for fun. Thank you for listening! _R

Sweet. Good use of the whole fretboard. Your voice sounds good too for Neil Young covers. :+1:

1 Like

Hi browan377, Thx for your comment! I just reverse inherited a couple of bass instruments. Monking around on bass can open your mind to using the whole fretboard. You are probably suggesting that a song (usually 2.5 to 3.3 minutes long) gets a lift if using the whole playing field. I think you’re correct. Voicewise, I’m a tenor and can do some falsetto but wish for more baritone. Thanks again for your listen; it is appreciated! _R

1 Like