Free bird aspirations

Just sitting here listening to my one of my fav play lists and wondering when Free Bird is coming out on JG?

Anyone else got good suggestions for the list of extremely aspirational?

Freebird… that solo is so long. Epic. There’s a Marty Music on Freebird but I think it excludes the solo :rofl:. I figure its okay to mention Marty as Justin links to him as one of his recommended other Youtubers. Just has a place you can request songs, at the bottom of the song lesson page: https://www.justinguitar.com/songs. I’m not sure the people that use it check the list first though, there are hundreds of upvotes for Sweet Home Alabama and Hotel California, and there are already lessons for those.

I have a few extremely aspirational songs that I love that I hope to play one day.

Some ones that I’m pretty sure I’ll get to:

• Weezer - Say It Ain’t So
  • Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing
  • Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter (basically Hendrix style)

They’re out of my reach for now but I’m pretty sure I will eventually get them. Especially Say It Ain’t So.

There are a couple as well that I’m not sure I’ll ever play well enough to do - but if I get the ones above I’ll hold out hope:

• Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie
  • Van Halen - You Really Got Me (Kinks cover)

I keep a list of songs I want to learn but most of them are a bit easier than those.

1 Like

Cheers @jkahn I put the post in here a bit tongue in cheek.

My guess anyone looking to take on free bird ain’t in need of a forum unless for social reasons. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Was listening too it and thinking, for the 1000th time, this solo is immense!

Justin does have a few really complicated lessons… maybe not freebird solo long though! So what are your aspirational songs anyway?

Try this one, it’s one I did and posted a couple of years ago:

And maybe:

And

All good fun and great to play!