Friday rock groove

Been learning a new solo, painfully slowly as always, and felt like a jam so tried to add a gew new licks to the repetoire. Tried a different type of drumbeat too. Link to my Friday groove below

8 Likes

This is sounding really good. You are rocking. Thanks for sharing. It uplifted my boring Friday workday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good stuff Ross.

1 Like

Well I’m listening to this early on Saturday morning and the groove is still there. Really good Ross.

1 Like

Like it, definitely different and an improvement on what you’ve been doing!
I think it’s time you started thinking about pinched harmonics (squeelies) and where they would fit!
:metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and comment, much appreciated. Glad i could help :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks batwoman. Appreciate the listen and comment

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, always appreciated

Thanks Darrell. Glad to hear I’m improving and appreciate the advice. Am working on the pinch harmonics but am really struggling to get it

1 Like

Just a little tip, first find out where the harmonics are strongest with the intended note you want to play by picking the string(s) and gently touching the string(s) in the picking area, when you’ve found it remember where it was and then attempt to pinch the harmonic by catching the string with the soft part of your thumb - you might find that you need to adjust your grip on the pick so not very much is sticking out; this is one of the reasons I like the Jazz picks, they’re quite small.

1 Like

Nice Ross, neat and tidy.

1 Like

Sounds really good!

1 Like

Great stuff mate. Loved it

1 Like

Hi Darell. Thanks for the tips. I will keep trying… hopefully get there eventually

Hi Liaty. Thanks for the listen and comment

Thanks Dan. Much appreciated

Thanks funky. Appreciate the listen and the comment

Cool hard-rocking riffing and soloing, Ross.

1 Like

Many thanks David. Much appreciated

Pretty awesome riffing @Rosshkerr

1 Like