Fur Elise - Main Theme

Thank you Eddie, for listening and leave a comment, I’m very glad you enjoyed it. I wish all the best to you and your family too. Thanks for being always very supportive! :blush:

1 Like

Such a beautiful piece of music, and your joy in playing it definitely shines through. There is a marked improvement from the beginning to the end of the year, and your improving legato is really good for the flow of the music. Very nicely played.

1 Like

@Mari63 Thank you Mary for your kind words, I also think I’ve been improving, most of all the confidence with which I’m playing, as even if I look quite confident in the first video too…well I was totally playing the classical guitarist and faked a lot…trying to enjoy my playing…sweet memories, it was so much fun! :blush::innocent::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great playing Silvia. Really clean and steady rhythm. I’m impress by the progress. Cool idea to show both in the same video.

1 Like

I’m a bit late to the party Silvia, but better late than never!
That was a really great performance, all of the notes were clean and your dynamics were pretty decent too, very enjoyable to listen to :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve played this on the piano, never on the guitar. Wow, nice to see that progress, but the first version was actually already very beautifully done, as you made its slower tempo sound incredibly musical so it never sounded like you were ever held up unintentionally. And in both versions, your rubato was simply delightful! Such a treat for the ears!

Where is this arrangement from (or did you do it yourself)? And as I recall, there is more to the piece (although the rest of it is not as famous because it’s not as memorable). Are you planning on learning the rest?

1 Like

Thank you for listening and your wonderful comment! This was my very first classical piece and I loved that first version especially, where a few notes are deliberately “out of place”; also that tricky jump to the twelth fret is better managed in the first version. I think quiet/loud dynamics are a bit better in the second one because I did some specific practice in this Classical Guitar Method Book I’m working on since July. You can find the free pdf at classicalguitarshed.com. It’s arranged for beginners
Here’s the link to a very beautiful rendition of the whole piece on youtube. I’m not going to learn it…realistically speaking I don’t think I’ll ever develop the skills that it requires.

Thank you for listening and commenting…I much appreciate it!

Thank you Darrell! This is my very first classical piece and I’m very happy with it…now since I’ve started studying classical guitar I can improve further!

2 Likes

Thank you! Whoa, yeah. I forgot about those runs.

I’ve found a simplified version of the whole piece here, which might be worth a try. Since you can play the main theme, that’s already 2/3 of the whole thing.

It certainly ramps up in difficulty at bar 45-56 and 82-105, but I think it’s still around Beginner grade 2 level, as the mini-barre chords appear to be the trickiest thing, and these are slightly easier than the F chord.

I hope you give it a try. That main theme sounds and feels even more deliciously wonderful when you finally return to it after traveling into a couple different areas.

1 Like

Bellisimo Silvia :clap:

Loved it and great job

Jeff

1 Like

Missed this first time around, glad I got to see it! Absolutely gorgeous, Silvia! Beautifully played and loving the before & after comparisons you’re putting together. Your fingerpicking style seems so effortless, obviously a lot of work has gone into that, well done! :clap: :clap: :clap: :star_struck:
I have very little experience in that style, nor classical guitar, so no real pearls of wisdom I can add, just some encouragement to please continue sharing your beautiful playing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a delightful piece of playing Silvia. Much to be happy with there.

I loved your description of the piece as well. Very easy to imagine the back and forth in the music.

I’m very much looking forward to what you bring us in 2023.

1 Like