Fur Elise - Main Theme

This year started with me learning my first classical piece and this past month I decided to wrap it up by revisiting it. Why should one think that this was written for a Therese or for an Elizabeth when the title clearly declares “Fur Elise”?! And since the only Elise I heard of was Therese’s pupil, a young girl learning to play the piano, and since we’ll never know the truth, I decided this is like a letter Beethoven wrote to her, sharing and understanding her feelings while she was playing with her new playmate: the Music…yep if you listen to the whole piece it’s easy to picture this mutual “do you want to play with me - catch me if you can” game. Ok enough is enough , I just hope I didn’t annoy you too much with my lively imagination :face_with_hand_over_mouth: But I kind of played that same game too, since playing the piece was too difficult with my brain in the middle of it going like “Hey Lady neurons are already burning over here!” (see the disguising video effect I put there :innocent:)
:thinking: playing the classical guitarist is actually easier than playing a classical piece :joy::sweat_smile:

28 Likes

Hi Silvia,
Awesome,…Bis-Bis-Bis :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:
And how much fun you do this in one video … (in the past and now), … I had planned to play the same things from the first hours and do them way later,… who knows, it will happen some day :roll_eyes:,… …
But really great to see what progress has been made WITHIN 1 year :sunglasses:
Thanks,Greetings,…

1 Like

What a wonderful piece to listen to as I relax after a long car journey catching up on the forum posts. That was wonderfully played. Well done.

1 Like

Silvia that was great, I have just visited Vienna couple weeks ago and I was in a cafe where lovely musician played it on a piano while I enjoyed my slice of cake. You nailed it pretty well and caught the essence of this wonderful classic, well done!

1 Like

Really well played and good to relax to.

Great tempo and dynamics. Played with emotion. Lovely Silvia.

1 Like

Awesome :exclamation: Great idea doing it like you did. You can see the progress made. Wow :exclamation: We can also see the fun you had :smiley: Bravo Silvia :partying_face::sunglasses::bangbang:

1 Like

That sounded really nice. Awesome work on this classic!

1 Like

Nicely done Silvia!
I like the progress video and you did a great job putting it together and showing your good growth over time. Pretty neat stuff. Your play was good, but to me what stood out is the enjoyment you show in your face. That is what guitar is about, having fun, learning and of course playing!

Keep the smile bright in 23’,
LB

2 Likes

Hello Silvia, that was lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
‘Für Elise’ was my favourite classical piece of music when I was a child. I learnt to play it on my keyboard and the recorder, but never considered to play it on the guitar :thinking:.
When you play it, it looks so easy - although I know that it’s definitely not.
It was absolutely worth the time and effort you’ve put into it :clap::+1::smiley:.
And again, I’m so fascinated by the great variety of musical genres in this community :star_struck:.

1 Like

Thank you all guys for taking the time to listen and comment :blush: I wish you all a wonderful 2023! :fireworks:

@roger_holland you could record something that you really like in january with the purpose of revisit it at the end of the year! :wink: Btw the flowers bouquet is always very much appreciated :blush:

@Socio hope your journey went well and I’m glad you enjoyed this :blush:

@adi_mrok Vienna…that must have been awesome!!

This is really a big compliment, since my purpose was only to have fun playing the classical guitarist and take part to Elise’s game :wink::sweat_smile::grin:

@skinnyt I’m very glad you enjoyed it :blush:

@liaty

I can self-assess that I played it with emotion and did my best with dynamics, but for Tempo I’m super happy to rely on your feedback as I’m not aware of it, as of course I’m not tapping my foot and I wouldn’t be able to say. Thanks a lot :blush:

@BigLuc thank you Luc! Yes yes, I had fun …playing the classical guitarist! :blush:

@jpparlier thank you for your comment, I’m really glad you liked it :blush:

@LBro thank you! Everything becomes easier when one smiles :blush::blush::blush:

@NicoleKKB the fretting hand job is actually very easy, hands synchronization and some right hand technique will need more practice and dedication but you already have a good starting point as your fingerpicking seems already smooth and relaxed. And more than that you have already a mental picture of what the piece is, as you used to play it on the keyboard. When there’s passion technique will come! So if you love the piece you should definetely have a go at it :blush:

3 Likes

Very nicely played, it inspired me to dig my classical guitar out, great instruments.

1 Like

That sounded really great Silvia.
Love to see that you really enjoy yourself.

Enjoy the last days of the year.

1 Like

Another well played piece of music. Thanks for sharing, Silvia! I really liked it!

1 Like

@EndlessRepetition @Helen0609 @Sebastian_Dewulf-Ortega thank you all so much for listening and for your warm comments. Wish you a wonderful 2023 with health and joy! :fireworks::blush::hugs:

2 Likes

Lovely playing - what a difference a year’s skill development makes! That’s a great idea doing a timestamped progress video like that.

1 Like

Hi Silvia, maybe you’ve planted a seed in my brain now :grinning:.
At the moment, I’m quite busy with other - very different - songs, but who knows. Maybe in some months, I’ll fancy a classical piece of music. Then, I’ll definitely give it a try :smiley:.

If you ever plan a trip to Vienna, please let me know, Silvia. I live only a 30 minutes drive away from Vienna. Would be awesome to meet in person someday :star_struck:.

All the best for 2023 to you :hugs::champagne::partying_face:.

1 Like

Beautifully played Silvia. It’s a piece I’m very familiar with as my wife who is learning piano plays it a lot.

Well done and I look forward to more classics in 2023.

1 Like

That was really nice Silvia, Bravo!

1 Like

Beautifully played Silvia! A lovely start to the new year! I wish you all the best for the coming year and beyond!

1 Like