G’day from Steve, an old Aussie

Long time user of Justin’s fantastic site and a long time basic guitar player. Have had a guitar since I was a teen and now I’m 65! However, I’ve stopped and started, sometimes for years, over that time. I have a terrible ear for music and can’t play without the chords in front of me and I sing as flat as a tack. The kids enjoyed the fun when they were little and now it’s time to pick it up again for the grandchildren. I can play open chords and A barre chords and I’m setting myself a target to play 10 songs well for a fun sing along with the grandies😀.

7 Likes

Hey! Glad your here. Hope you have fun picking 10 songs. :slight_smile: I’m sure whatever you do it’ll be a great memory for the gran kids.

2 Likes

Hey, great to see another Aussie here, welcome to the community. Enjoy

2 Likes

G’day from NZ!

2 Likes

That’s a nice goal to have. Welcome!

2 Likes

G’day from Canberra!

Great to have such a tangible and achievable target. Let us know what songs you end up picking for your 10.

2 Likes

G’day from Newcastle. Great goal. Good luck.

2 Likes

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the community, and what a wonderful goal :hugs:.
Playing for the grandchildren, spending some great time together - fantastic ingridients for long lasting memories (on both sides :smiley:).

3 Likes

Hi Steve,
Welcome and i wish a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hey, that’s really fun! Welcome to the community, and glad you’re here. How are you going to go about picking your 10 songs? :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks Matt, I better put that on my list!

1 Like

Hello Steve and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

It’s nice to having something to drive you to learn.

1 Like

Melbournite here, welcome aboard.

Rod.

1 Like

Hi Steve, good to have you around. Have fun learning and playing those at least 10 songs for your grandchildren.

1 Like

G’day Steve and welcome to the community.
You’re going to fit right in here.
We have lots of old dogs and lots of folk who started/ stopped / started / stopped. We have many who are convinced they cannot sing. Me included - we should look to do a duet, I sing in the key of A flat tyre! haha :wink: We have folk who need to look at the chord charts. We have folk who want to learn and play some basic singalong songs.
In other words, you are in good company.
Shout out if you have questions, issues and / or need any support.
Cheers
Richard :slight_smile: