Gareth - November 2023 - Let Her Go + Wild Wood + Brain Damage + Got Her In Your Pocket + Sorrow + Born To Run

Very good!..smooth Rhythm and nice vocals to go along with it! I also liked the dynamics in the strumming. :blush::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hi Gareth, welcome. Good you found Justin Guitar to get some more inspiration. Your playing and singing showed that you have done it for a while.

1 Like

Very well sung and played. Welcome to the community from an even older 60+.

1 Like

This is the song I found as my totally chill out tune
Brain Damage

6 Likes

Ha! Always a song that resonates! Perhaps a little too closely…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Very chilled out indeed Gareth. Nice job!

1 Like

Another great cover, Gareth. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 Like

Awesome cover!!! Definitely chill Pink Floyd song. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I’m enjoying this a lot and finding that vocals and playing are going along very nicely…perfect for me to relax before my dinner cooking, thanks for sharing :blush:

1 Like

Loved it Gareth! It was an important part of my youth (we’re about the same age). Your delivery was actually quite Roger Waters-y.

1 Like

Hello Gareth, that was so well played. Very nice and steady finger picking. No easy song. And you even sang along, as well. Wow, that‘s really impressive :star_struck::clap::+1:. Thanks a lot for sharing :smiley:.

1 Like

I fell in love with this song and the story behind it, so found natural to just sit down and let my imagination take over, never happened with any other tune :joy:

Great performance Gareth nice n chilled :smiley: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

1 Like

Lovely tune to play, one I keep coming back to from early learning

17 Likes

Nice tune. And nice looking Taylor?

1 Like

Another nice song well delivered Gareth.

1 Like

Good fingerpicking!

2 Likes

Another great tune Gareth.

1 Like

Nicely played and sung, if I had to I would make one piece of advice to do with technique; it’s better to make sure that your thumb is forward of your fingers when finger picking, it makes sure that your fingers can always have a good angle to pluck the strings, it can get in the way if it’s behind rather than forward. I think that @adi_mrok has a video explaining this if he’s around!

1 Like

Thumb pic? I’m always here for it Darrell! :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes