Gareth - November 2023 - Let Her Go + Wild Wood + Brain Damage + Got Her In Your Pocket + Sorrow + Born To Run

Let Her Go - Passenger - my first upload and a way to introduce myself

Hi I’m Gareth from south England . Sixties boy , only started playing in my 30s after my eldest son began playing. Thanks to the likes of Justin :raised_hands:

plus:

Paul Weller - Wild Wood

plus:

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage

plus:

Jack White - Got Her In Your Pocket

plus:

Pink Floyd - Sorrow

plus:

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run

9 Likes

Great stuff Gareth.

Welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nicely played Gareth and good vox to boot ! Well done sir.

The only comment I would make is the volume is pretty low but you look like you may be recording on your phone, so that could be a reason. If there is something you could do you end to pump it up, you have considerable headroom (at least 10db).

Welcome to the Community, look forward to hearing more.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Again,. :grin:
Not the recommended place for an introduction, :wink:#community-hub:introduce-yourself
(finding your way here sometimes takes a while),
But a great song again,… :clap: :sunglasses:
Greetings, Rogier

1 Like

Great stuff, that song really suits your voice. :slight_smile:

Great playing and singing Gareth!

1 Like

Top stuff Gareth, welcome, a fine way to introduce yourself! :+1:

1 Like

Very nice feel. Wish it was the whole song. If you can play it enough to get off the page, there is going to be a real emotional impact to our listening. The melodic talk singing style of your voice draws us into the story.

1 Like

WOW! Great playing. Great style. Thank you.

Another smooth performance, Gareth, really enjoyed it. That was an excellent display of picking, maintaining the rhythm and tempo while singing. Stellar.

Nice picking, nice vocals, it was really nice.

Great job Gareth.

Wild Wood

62 years old thanks to Justin I’ve had inspiration

15 Likes

Welcome to the Community, Gareth.

Thoroughly enjoyed your performance. The guitar tone sounds wonderful. I’d love to hear your vocals a little louder in the recording relative to guitar. Tricky I know when making the recording with (I assume) a phone. Perhaps try to position the phone higher, closer to the level of your mouth.

I suggest you post a personal intro next in #community-hub:introduce-yourself. Just a little personal background, guitar histroy, and goals as a member of the Community.

Look forward to more!

1 Like

Nice playing and singing Gareth, you made a pretty decent job of it!
Welcome to the community, as David says it would be good to make an introduction to the community to let us know where you are in your learning path, you certainly don’t sound like a beginner!

1 Like

That was super Gareth. Really smooth playing and a lovely tone from your guitar. Your vocals were also really good and suited to the song. Nice job!

2 Likes

Hi Gareth,

Nice entry,…well played and i like your voice :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:…don’t be a stranger and let us hear more from you , and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

The man’s on a roll ! Two posts in a day and another solid performance for sure. Very nice Gareth, keep em coming sir ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Gareth, welcome to the community. Great job on your song. Keep them coming,

1 Like

Hi Gareth,

Welcome to J’s.

Always great to hear some Weller.

Nice playing and vocal.

Digger

1 Like

Hey Gareth,
From one 62 year old to another…good job! Great strumming and chord changes. You sing well and don’t seem to have any challenge singing and playing at the same time. I find it impossible. Thanks for sharing!
Dave C

1 Like