Gary Moore - One Day (goes out to all currently in need of a song...)

WOW, that was brilliant!

1 Like

That was superb Kasper I really enjoyed it :tada::guitar:

1 Like

I echo your words, both in text and music Kasper.

1 Like

Hey Kasper,
Good to see you on and posting a great one. Your tone here makes a tone junkie proud! Is that you singing? LOL - Could not resist on that one. But hey, your guitar(s) sing in such a way that I think they surely speak for you. You have a great skill set on display here. Describing the tone I hear is not easy, but it is searing and far reaching, it penetrates the soul! I will sum it all up with; that was great!

Keep up the good vibe and all the best!
LB

1 Like

Bravo Kasper, that was simply superb. Brilliant production.

You never cease to impress with the recordings you deliver here.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Sorry for reviving an old thread… but I get a lot of questions about tone, mixing and also about how I go about layering parts for the covers I record. So I think, going forward, I’ll try to post a “guitar only” render as well as the full mix. That way you can very clearly hear how I approach each guitar part, in terms of tone, panning, mixing, effects and so on. Perhaps you’ll be surprised about some of the ways tone/eq or even reverb is applied (as best as I can manage that is). It also puts my playing very much up for detailed analysis, so I hope you won’t be too disappointed to learn that I certainly do make mistakes, fluffs and imperfections as well :wink: But as long as it works in the final mix, then I’m happy!

Here’s the guitar-only render for this track. I might go back a few tracks and do the same, but not for all my recordings… that’s just way too much :wink:

For this particular track I suggest you think about:

• There is a clean part, with chorus, low in the mix… did you notice it in the full mix?
  • Notice how the cruchy guitar goes from chords to simply playing single note lines when the lead is playing?
  • How much reverb is actually on the tones?
  • How the eq and panning is applied to allow all the parts to have a “space”…
  • Check out how I (try to) mimic Gary’s approch to vibrato. Often a bend is started without vib, then added later…
2 Likes

Simply fabulous, Kasper, both the playing and ability to replicate tones.