Gary Moore - One Day (goes out to all currently in need of a song...)

Hi forum friends,

This weekend I recorded my latest cover, a beautiful ballad by Gary Moore called “One Day”.
I played all guitar parts over drums, bass, keys and vocals stems that I bought at Karaoke-version.

I was inspired to do this track because I find the lyrics kind of fitting. It is my wish that the sun will indeed shine on all those currently suffering, one side or the other…

Hope you like it!

You all take care!
Kasper

14 Likes

Hi Kasper,

Well,…Holy moly or wow or…
Superlatives fall short… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Thanks, Rogier

2 Likes

A master class as always, Kasper.

Now how about a challenge and making video production that we can watch you playing. I know that would add extra work but always cool to watch you play.

1 Like

That said David,
Just a quick question Kasper, what was the last stadion or festival you played at,…and is the center of the Netherlands planned soon?

2 Likes

Very nice Kasper! Really enjoyed it!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great stuff, I’m a huge Gary Moore fan

1 Like

Every time I start a new project I have big plans; videos, recording the bass line as well (not always a fan of the bass stems)… but then I start working on the project, and once I have the guitar parts I just want to post it and move on to the next thing. I’ll try to capture something new on video as well soon :wink:

Thank you Kasper. No other words needed.
:pleading_face:

1 Like

Bravo and big smiles :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing as always. :clap::clap:

1 Like

That was amazing, Kasper. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Kasper comes along and crushes it. How many times is that now? Answer, always. You are the man. We are just a bunch of dopey people banging on hunks of wood with strings attached. You sir are the real deal. Shine on bright star!

2 Likes

:laughing: even I know that feeling of getting something to a done point and wanting to move right along. Will appreciate a video, always find them educational and inspirational, well in my case more awe-inspiring.

Perhaps just the lead of this song re-played over the already mixed down backing would be relatively quick and easy to produce?

Regardless, appreciate you sticking around to share, both music and answers to those ready and wanting to dig a little deeper.

1 Like

It was a great job Kasper, and very close to the original! I liked your idea of doing a cover with the karaoke vocal version, it makes it very interesting, and together with your guitars and the rest of the instruments, it’s amazing. Great sound of all guitars, especially liked the arpeggio with overdrive, very much.

Mike

1 Like

Amazing work, Kasper. I am a big fan of Gary Moore and hope someday to play some similar licks. Would you mind sharing the guitar and amp settings to get that sound?

1 Like

Thanks Clint, you’re way too kind!

@Mike
Thanks for checking out my cover!

Yeah, I’ve recently become quite fond of using backing material from Karaoke-version, instead of only backing tracks from LickLibrary. For one thing I can then get real stems, not just a backing track mix, and also they sometimes have pretty decent vocals. When I did my previous cover “Maybe I’m a Leo” I couldn’t decide whether or not to use the vocals. On the one hand vocals (obviously) makes any song more interesting, but on the other hand my SoundCloud channel had this “thing” going on with instrumental covers…

I think from now on I might sometimes use them, and sometimes not…

@ChasetheDream
Thanks! Well, the lead tone for this one was simple enough to dial. I have a 50W Marshall Plexi tube head (the 1987x model) that I have modded with an additional preamp tube. Tone was guitar directly into that, and then ALL dials turned all the way up to 10… and into a 4x12 cab with Greenback speakers :slight_smile: (IRs)
In the DAW I applied a tiny touch of chorus, a healthy amount of bright Hall reverb and some delay. That was it…

Guitar was my MusicMan Reflex (Les Paul style instrument). For the melody lines (like the intro) I used middle position (both humbuckers) and for the solo I used just the bridge.

Wow, just wow!
Very nice Kasper, you absolutely nailed this :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Kaspar- putting the 'kay back into Karaoke :smiley:
We all would love to ba able to do this… one day.
Hats off to you
Take a bow :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow Kasper, can you ever play. Technically, and expressively, simply stellar. And yes I am in need of a song :slight_smile:

1 Like