G'day - Expat Aussie Brendan living in Beijing

G’day all. Aussie expat living in Beijing and decided to use my lack of travel as a good excuse to learn guitar. Also trying to learn bass at the same time. Time will tell if that’s a good idea or not. Anyway, my wife sings in local bands, daughter plays guitar, son is a mean drummer so I thought I’d better stop being a musical embarrassment to the family.
Cheers
Brendan

3 Likes

Great stuff Brendan, lots of Aussies active here on the forum. Stick with it, it’ s well worth the effort. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hi Brendan, welcome to the community.

1 Like

Welcome Brendan, looks as if you had a lot of musical support by your family. Have fun and patience!

1 Like

Welcome Brendan. Sounds wonderful to be in such a musical family. Enjoy the learning and look forward to the day when you can play as a family band.

1 Like

Hello Brendan and welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

No on wants to be the odd one out. Enjoy your journey.

1 Like

Hi Brendan,

Welcome, and it seems that it was about time too… :smirk::grin:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

That’s one musical family. You should have lots of people to play with and get ‘input’ from. Depending on what your daughter’s style is you might need to lean more toward rhythm or lead for guitar to fill a need in your family band. If bass turns out to be your main instrument, then you can jump into that role.
:grin:

1 Like

Welcome Brendan, wow what a great position to be in get loads of feed back encouragement and no excuse not to practice :slight_smile:
Sure you nail it good luck.
A

1 Like