G'day from Scotty in Newcastle, Australia

G’day all,
I’ve just signed up after following Justin for many years!.
It’s high time I got my act together and learn the guitar.
In my younger days I learned piano, drums, saxophone and trumpet, but they’re all history these days.
I’ve always loved guitars but life gets in the way, way too often!..
I hope to get to know you all, and share our journey together. Don’t stop believing!…
Cheers,
Scotty

6 Likes

Welcome, Scotty. I’m sure your younger days musical experience will serve you well in learning the guitar. Likewise, I look forward to getting to know you better and sharing experiences.

And I hope you won’t mind my Categorizing your first posting on your behalf.

1 Like

Hi Scotty, a very warm welcome to the community.
You’ve come to the right place for guitar learning and mutual support.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you David!.. I’ll find my way around the categories eventually!.. :joy:

1 Like

Thank you Richard.

No worries. It took us all a little while to figure this platform out, how to work optimally with it.

Next you may want to explore #community-hub:learning-logs and consider starting your own and #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing where I hipe you will eventually share your playing, and maybe #community-open-mic-events

Hey Scotty, great to see another Australian on the forums, a fair few of us around. Playing guitar is a great journey, look forward to hearing more from you

1 Like

Welcome to the community Scotty, from a fellow Aussie. Tremendous environment here, all on the journey helping each other out. Lookin forward to your progress.
Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Scotty. Nice to meet another Newy person on here. Good luck with your journey. :guitar: :wave:

1 Like

Thank you all, for your kind welcome folks!..

Hello Scotty and welcome. :slight_smile:

Will be great to see you posting in the AVOYP at some point.

1 Like

Glad to see you beamed up to the Community Scotty.
Welcome.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

At this early point I’m saying “no way Hosay!”… :joy::joy:

1 Like

Scotty, go take a look at some of the posts from members who are newer to the learning, which will help calibrate expectations and how the Community responds. Whatever level of proficiency you are at, I think the thought of recording and sharing is always a daunting one. All I can do is encourage you to take the plunge sooner rather than later as I think it is highly beneficial.

1 Like