GDPiper169 - November 2022 - Against The Wind + Nobody Knows You

I’ve known and loved this song for decades, but just decided to learn it yesterday. As you can see, I’m still using cheat sheets. I thought the recording came out OK though.

plus

Nobody Knows You

9 Likes

That’s a pretty solid effort Gregory (Greg ?) I can hear old Bob singing away in the background or maybe just inside my head. But for an old Silver Bullet Band fan instantly recoognisable.
Well done sir. You have inspired me to add this to my repertoire. Thank you.
:sunglasses:

Yes, Greg please! I don’t know how to change what is shown. Thanks for the compliment. Seger has a lot of great ones. I don’t know why I’ve never tried any of them before, but I’m going to soon.

1 Like

Lyrics are a bit tricky but just added it to my Songbook for a new challenge ! :wink:

1 Like

Take a look at Turn The Page, all open chords. That would be a good challenge. I covered a Seger/Metallica hybrid a while back, great song. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Greg, very well done. Keep them coming.

That might be the best of them all. I’m going to check it out now.

1 Like

Cool.

Greg

if you right click the YT video and select copy URL, you can drop/paste that link directly into a post here and the video will auto embed rather than add a link. Hope that helps for the future.

Toby
:sunglasses:

I love a bit of Bob Segar Greg and that was instantly recognisable. Steady strumming, rhythm and clean chords. It just needs a vocal now although I think the lyrics and phrasing for that one might prove difficult.

The Highwaymen do a version that has easier phrasing.

Nice rhythm, Greg!

Thanks for sharing this Greg, nicely played. It has sent me off down a Bob Seeger rabbit hole.

1 Like

Very nice Greg. Smooth playing throughout. Thanks for sharing!

Sounded good. Nice strumming and chord changes. Look forward tot he vocal.

I thought it sounded great Greg. Nice, smooth strumming and clean changes.

Good job! I love Bob Seger and play quite a few of his songs.

Here is my version for fun

Against The Wind

1 Like

I should have gotten the timing down a lot better before recording this, but oh well, I can do it again after I improve on it.

9 Likes

Hi Greg,
Nice and Bluesy,… :clap: :sunglasses: :bouquet:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Very nice Greg! I have been working on this one for a bit and really enjoy it.

Hello Greg, this was very enjoyable :blush:.
You played it so relaxed, you made it look easy- although it definitely isn‘t.
I‘m looking forward to hearing more from you :smiley:.