So, this was on my mind for a long time. I was thinking of recording Lappi of theirs, but then I realized that they have (checks his song-book), ah, yes, Admin7 chord thrown in to the mix, which is for the time being more cumbersome for me to do than B7 chord. So, maybe down the line, somewhere in to the future, because only the lead melody is kinda boring to hear that “tin-tintin-tin di-tin-tin-tintin” throughout the whole thing…
Anyways, it’s not a pristine perfect cover, but its more or less the best that I can do right now. What was interesting about this song was that it was played with two acoustic folk guitars and a flute accompanying. Naturally, since I’m only one person, so I covered the left guitar part, which is intro, verses and choruses. The intro part of the song is mostly played by arpegiating Am chord (and its open strings variation as if it was an Am chord) and a bit of Cm pentatonic scale thrown in to the mix at the end (3 1 3 1 0 on the high e string and 1 on the G string). EDIT: and, now, come to think of it, I know where I did a mistake, I was plucking the first fret of the B string where it was supposed to be the G string at the end. Well, well, well, the more you see in hindsight while really reading through what you have written down… Okey, so, maybe next week I’m gonna post the proper version then, but even with this mistake it still sounds nice to my ears.
A couple of weeks back, when I started this song, the most troubles I had was during the choruses parts when it was using Cm pentatonic scale. My fingers had troubles repositioning them and not muting the respective strings (e.g., e: 3, B: 1, G: 2, e: 3, B: 1 and 3. So, my finger most of the time tended to mute the B string at the end of the lick). Now, while playing through, it did not mute… other three times of the choruses xD Well, its a progress more or less.
So, here’s a sound-cloud link.