Goccia dopo goccia - Io mi chiamo Piccolo Do - I Love The Colour Blue

Hi Guitar friends! This is one of the two songs we’re learning for our school party in June and it starts by wondering “What is a drop of water if you think of the sea?”, it goes on by celebrating the importance of the little things and being able to wonder and appreciate them, ending with a “from nothing nothing starts”.

Now I hope you can hear I’m doing my :snail:homework on the Strumming Dynamics Course :crossed_fingers::grin:

As usual any feedback is very welcome and if while listening and watching you think about something I can do to improve please take a moment to write it down! Thanks in advance!

I’ll add the other song to this thread when recorded and it will be about that cool CASA PENTAGRAMMA thing you see hang on the wall in the video :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ps: the reason of that final rushing is because it was already 7.50 in the morning and our school assistant was ringing at the door (you can hear it too, right before the final fingerpicking) :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

:point_down::point_down::point_down:
Hello :wave: Here’s the second recording…I added some pictures for more colour and cheerfullness. The Lyrics are below…together with the pictures you should be able to understand what the song is about :sweat_smile:
I hope it’ll make you smile :blush:

@brianlarsen my Google translates only from other languages to italian…and I’m afraid it took me less to do the translation myself rather than understanding how to make it work the other way round :see_no_evil::joy:

MY NAME IS LITTLE DO

My name is Little Do and I’m a musical guy
I live in place that I’m not able to describe
But it’s a wonderful place
Together with dad, grands and mom, we have our home on a PENTAGRAMMA,
with my little sister and my aunt, we all live in perfect harmony!

My name is Little Do and I can do a big magic: anything I think of I can trasform it into a Melody
I concentrate and after a while a Symphony is already here
Any note I will alternate with the colours of fantasy!

Yes, but… Little Do, you can’t do all by yourself, there are other notes Little Do, all together you’ll take to the skies
You can tell about the clouds and the sea but without needing to speak
On a kite you’ll be able to fly and let the music transport you!

My name is Little Do and I’m a musical guy
I have a crazy family I know, but I want to introduce it to you…
The first is RE, my little sister, the note RE feels like she is a Regina (Queen)
Then there’s mum who is the note MI, on the staves she has fun like this.
And my aunt is the note FA, with her Double Bass she always plays to fly
And my dad is the note SOL, he’s an Orchestra Maestro but a child in his heart.
And my grandma is the note LA, she makes anyone agree and makes us sing
Then there’s my grandpa, the note SI, he’s not able to say “no”, he always says “si” (yes)!
And there’s me, Little Do, and this I know you already know!

Yes, but…Little Do, you can’t do all by yourself, the notes are seven, Little Do, seven wings to take to the skies…
Do Re Mi Fa and the Music goes…higher than the sun, among the stars
Sol La Si Do and with you I’ll listen to the sounds of the world on my skin…
Yes, but…Little Do…together with you I know I will fly!

25 Likes

Hi Silvia
That was awesome! :clap: :clap:
Very enjoyable and well played and sung :smiley:
I think your dynamics were excellent, not just the strumming but the whole song including your singing too :star_struck:
it was nice smooth transition between strumming with the pick and the fingerpicking parts
Looking forward to hearing the other song too :smiling_face: :sunflower:

1 Like

That was lovely, Silvia. Fraid I can’t offer anything to help you make it even better.

1 Like

brava brava brava! So much going on - awesome! I am waiting now for the second song!

1 Like

Bravissimo, Silvia. That was superb and highlights how much progress you have made on your learning journey. Onwards and upwards.

1 Like

I really liked it, Silvia.
As for feedback - while watching, I notice that your strumming hand stops, so you could work on keeping it moving. But it sounds like you are strumming pretty well in time, so maybe it’s not an issue for you.
Lovely song.

1 Like

It was wonderful Silvia, very solid rhythm and nicely sung.
I love Italian, it is such a melodic language. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Silvia. Great guitar playing and vocals! Thanks for sharing.

Mike

1 Like

Silvia

Wonderful performance. I didn’t understand the lyric but I could sense your belief in the song. Terrific guitar, wonderful singing, a beautiful song.

Brian

1 Like

Wow Silvia ! Each time I ear you you’re a better player. That was awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing Silvia :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

That was great, Silvia. Nice playing and vocal. And I like the dynamics you put in.

1 Like

@Avalon426 @DavidP @MollyT @Socio @jacobbonde @Boris1565 @MikeSebastianP thank you all so much for such positive feedback and kindest words :heart:

I think it took me ages to make the transitioning from fingerpicking to strumming smooth and on time (not just this song but many songs ago!) But eventually if you tap your foot and humbly count out loud until you need it then it clicks and you won’t need the counting anymore :sweat_smile::blush:

This is something I’ve been debating with myself a lot…the song is in 2/4 and I’m actually keeping the hand moving on the 2 beats each bar quite consistently…the issue with me is that while the bpm are slow I happen to do all the weird things in between the beats…for example on beat 2 I often do D on the beat and DU on the and and that messes up the pendulum movement…:see_no_evil::thinking:

2 Likes

@beejay56 @BigLuc @oldhead49 thank you for taking the time to listen and comment with kind words…I’m very happy you enjoyed it!

That’s when the magic starts, when we have the tools to bring our feelings out without thinking anymore about the counting, the changes, the patterns…

2 Likes

Congrats Sylvia. You have a great voice and you are able to play and sing really well. It will be a cool event at th school. Children will enjoy.

1 Like

Lovey stuff Sylvia. Your enthusiasm shines through your performance. Well done.

1 Like

Brava, Silvia, bravissima! :smiley:

That was just lovely, what a beautiful song. You played and sung it really well and yes, there are some nice dynamic changes in the performance. You have been a very goog strumming student! :smiley:

My Italian is still a little rusty, so I don’t get the words, but I get the feeling, the vibe and the message and what it means to you a lot. Felt it from the beginning until the end, it’s magic. :slight_smile:

This will be a great one for your school party and will be adorable when the kids join in. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That was a great upload. I think it’s hard to sing and play at the same time but you did great with it, very impressive. Enjoy the school party, I hope it goes really well, Susan

1 Like

So enjoyable, Silvia. Oh, I so wish I understood the lyrics. What you described sounded like such an interesting, sweet story with ideas to ponder on. I caught the drops in your video. So cute.

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
I hear you have done your homework, the teacher will be proud so you will be proud of you Find a mirror and pat yourself on the back :laughing:, and not just with the rhythm guitar because the finger picking also sounded quite strong and confident… :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet: :sunglasses:
Liked it very much the whole thing :boom:
Greeetings

1 Like

Superb Silvia - love how the guitar and vocals build - you have dynamics absolutely nailed!

1 Like