Good morning from a surprisingly sunny Birmingham UK. I’m Lee ✌️

Hi all, I joined the forum dec 21 (I think) but don’t think I introduced myself. I first started learning about 9 yrs ago but only got to the point of being able to strum 4/5 open chords (poorly lol), I then struggled with illness for a long time which put learning on the back burner. I began working through Justin’s beginner course about 2 1/2 yrs ago (maybe a little longer) and now I’m currently working through his intermediate course.

Having been a bit of a lurker and seeing how brilliant this community is I’m trying to get much more involved, being quite a shy person and feel a bit socially awkward it’s good to try be more ‘out there’.

I’m 45, love live music of almost any genre but have really fallen into the well of acoustic guitar. Big fan of Neil Young, Elliot Smith, Dylan and the like but there’s also a lot of new bands that I love too.

Looking forward to interacting with you all some more and can’t wait for the next open mic, as I’ve already seen some wonderful talent in the community recording section. I’ve got a few voice memo recordings of my progress on my phone, but will try and post some videos in the section soon for some feedback. My playing is sloppy and I can’t sing for toffee but I just love playing and open to feedback from this wonderful community.

Love to all, Lee :v:

17 Likes

Hi Lee, I’m not far away from you - Halesowen!
I’ve also had problems with my health and old age :joy:
It’s a great community as you know and any questions you may have can be answered by someone, there’s a lot of knowledge here!
Just join in and enjoy the journey, have fun :metal:

2 Likes

Hi Lee, welcome to the group. :slight_smile: :wave:

R.

2 Likes

Hello Lee… Welcome to the community :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello Lee, welcome among us! The feedback here is always very supportive and yet cocrete, constructive and genuine, I’m sure you’ll find it very useful for improvement! Look foward to hear more from you :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome, @Chazzo78 !!!

2 Likes

Hey Lee. So nice you decided to introduce yourself. :+1: :sunglasses:
Within the world of music, it is easy to let go of all the feelings that hold us back from being social.
We are all equal and welcomed in this world of arts in general and music especially. The magic world of sound. :pray:

2 Likes

Hey Lee, welcome to the community. Great to hear from you. Lee is my middle name so you are definitely on my list of favourite posters already. :smiley:

Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

HI from across the pond in a very damp, dreary, colder than average Michigan afternoon. I was also painfully shy for a lot of years. Spending on the situation I still find things difficult, but at nearly 20 years older than you, I’m finding it less of a problem. (about time, eh?)

2 Likes

Hello Lee,

Welcome to the community which, as you say, is a beautiful place and full of people who love music and help each others with advice and support.

I’ve never been to Birmingham but, amongst many other British musicians, I love a well known Brummie singer as you can see from my picture :grin:

I hope you have lots of fun in the community and keep progressing in your guitar journey!

2 Likes

Hi Lee although a big fan of Justin I rarely visit the forum however you email resonated. Sadly I didn’t pick up a guitar until I was 60! So progress has been slow however enjoying the journey. Can’t say there’s much sunshine today but Birmingham ain’t a bad place to be!

3 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome :blush: I won’t tag individuals, except for @Waggy as I see this is your first post and would like to officially welcome you to the community :wave: you could also introduce yourself in this section if that’s something you’d like to do? I’m sure you’d be welcomed by many. hope to see you around and I’m sure you’ll find this wonderful community helpful and supportive. Good luck and hope you have fun on all your journeys :v:

1 Like

Hello Lee, welcome out of the shadows.
Enjoy.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Lee,
Welcome here and good that you came out of the dark :smiley:
Greetings and i wish you a lot of fun and a long learning curve, :sunglasses:
Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Lee and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

It’s always good to stop lurking and get involved as there are some great people on here.

2 Likes

Hi Lee, welcome. Good now you are enjoying playing the guitar and making good advance with the lessons.

2 Likes

Hi Lee, I’m a very shy person as well but I decided to take the leap and introduce myself and show some videos of me playing. It really feels great and the community is wonderful so far. Hope you have a great guitar journey!

4 Likes

Hi Lee and welcome to the community - I’m also more introvert and shy and can relate to that part. But probably this is one of the nicest places to open up to, a wholelot of very kind people around here. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Lee, welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hey Darrell,

So you’re from Halesowen?
I was born in Hasbury, Halesowen. Went to the Earls High school.
Moved away … wow 30 years ago now. But still got an accent lol.

Tarrar for a bit.

David

2 Likes