Goodbye Daphne… Hello Cindy!

@GrytPipe Haha, you can only really do that if you’re not too fussed about making mistakes or what it will look like in the end. Permanent is… well permanent :wink: I tried a couple which smeared a bit and went with Bic 2300. Also, the closer you look the more uneven the coverage, so only really suitable for a DIY look

@CT You do realise you are in the social/chatting space, don’t you?
I have no tats and only my heart is pierced :cry:
Now that you mention it, I am working on a tune with some Tisher-inspired-technique :laughing:
Watch this space

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
I could spend all day responding to each and every one of your appreciated nuggets, but then there’d be no time for practice, innit? :laughing:
Merci mon ami

@DarrellW Well you started all this, didn’t you?
And much appreciated too.
As with everything in life though, we have no control of what happens once the ball starts rolling :rofl:

@Richard_close2u Glad you enjoyed it rather than slapping on the censorship sign (It’s all meant in the most positive way :rofl:).
Both clips new to me. Made me :laughing: and :cry:
I’m afraid my musical influences on this topic stem from pre-teen trauma in Switzerland, where local trio Peter, Sue and Marc had a hit with Cindy in '76 (same year that Smokie was living next door to Alice). For anglophiles there’s an English version here

@jkahn Much appreciated JK :smiley:
I’ll have to check out Mr. Morello’s axe. I haven’t yet got around to drilling the hole in the headstock to insert the little flagpole with Woodie Guthrie’s slogan ‘This Machine Kills Fascists’ :wink:
Haven’t met a beast yet that wasn’t ‘complex:rofl:

@JasmineJ Cheers Jax . Glad you enjoyed it :smiley:

@roger_holland Ah… you catch me typing before I bring my darling freshly baked bread and expresso for breakfast in bed :laughing:
Good morning to you too, and happy weekend to all!

5 Likes

Nice, :laughing: :sunglasses:… and just when I had finished typing, my wife came downstairs to have the banana bread and coffee prepared by me at the table (as every day), … what angels we are for our women :innocent: :blush:,…bye

2 Likes

You are, of course, quite right, Rick -
I added the feet this morning :smiley:

1 Like

What a classic mid-70s video and song.

Innit though? :laughing:
I s’pose I should be tagging members of the ‘2-tonic’ brigade like @Helen0609 or maybe even introduce some of the newbies like @andyPlays to the darker side of the community?
Wilkommen an Bord, mein Freund! :rofl:

1 Like

Next you’ll be covering Rod Jane and Freddy :bear:

I feel honoured to be tagged by the great @brianlarsen (or should I say alerted??), but you are talking in riddles? May you introduce me to the 2-tonic brigade, please? Did I miss something :joy:? Greetings to the darker side and say hello to Cindy! (by the way: cool design and a really smart move as a door opener, because everyone will ask himself what all those runes should mean :sunglasses:)

1 Like

Ah, Aufklärungszeit :grinning:
2-Tone Records, a fab label representing ska bands of the 70/80s (the Specials, Selecter, the Beat, Madness…)
Two-tonic, Teutonic, Germanic, Deutsch… You get the meaning :wink:
(I know, I make terrible puns sometimes :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

A big “Aaaaahhhhh” from my side. Danke für die Erleuchtung :innocent:! Now I know what you are talking about :wink:. Ha, ha. Oh man, people like me, who are not native speakers, are somewhat handicapped, not being able to follow all of those puns (and also to return a quick witted response due to their language skills :joy:).

1 Like

Nice job :wink: It reminds me of Alvin Lee’s ES-335.

1 Like

I always say to chase inspiration. If a custom paint job worked for EVH, it should be fair game for any of us mortal players. BTW, I’m pro-nuke power plant.

Tisher-inspired-technique can go any number of ways. Most likely a clambake scenario… LOL

1 Like

… au contraire! Think of yourself as being blessed to be able to partake in conversations in different languages as well as your mother tongue.
I have to believe most people don’t understand my jokes/puns. Otherwise I’d have to face the alternative that my sense of humour is at fault… :roll_eyes: :laughing:

@Jozsef Ah yes, I see where you’re coming from. He likes a bit of weed, eh?
Considering how many performers have DIY ‘decorated’ guitars, I’m surprised I haven’t seen more of it on the forum.

@CT Amen, brother.
Regarding the nucleus… I’m fine to have fission fry my eggs. It’s the whooshing fungiform cloud frying my fellow man I’m less keen on :wink:

And as Homer would say: “Clambake chowder… Mmmmm!”

1 Like

That looks very cool Brian and there is a real juxtaposition between the light hearted and seriousness of it all. Also a clever play on the guitar name.

Also, what does the upside down Nike tick symbolise?

1 Like

Athletics down under?

2 Likes

It symbolises my offended sense of aesthetics, where there was an imbalance between the heavier black at the back and no balance at the front. I suppose I can live with an inverted symbol for the goddess of Victory (incl. arts) :wink:

1 Like

@brianlarsen Hahaha - I finally got to understand the “2-tonic” hint - indeed we can join this crowed :slight_smile: A gin tonic on that - cheers

Alle wilkommen hier Alex :smiley:
Prost! :beers: