Govt. Mule - Feel Like Breaking Up (Someone's Home) + Slow Dancing In A Burning Room + The Wind Cries Mary

Did we lose all the old stuff? Made a new account in new place(I guess its not so new lol, been a while).

Been figuring out how to play this tune, an Albert King cover by Govt Mule

Enjoy!

10 Likes

Hey Jamie - very nice indeed. Love those double stop bends. Not heard this before, just checked out the original too. Did you transcribe this yourself? You really got the feel right.

1 Like

Not by me. Near everything I do is old stuff.

Glad ya made the trip here Jamie.
Look and sounds like ya got a pretty great handle on things there.
Pretty hard to tell you from the play along. Great job there.
You got some real soul there man.
Love your expression with the bends and vibrato. Very cool. Ya certainly got the feel of that song.
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

well I am watching him play it as well, but that and by ear to get the feel and touch, Warren Haynes is such a cool guitarist

1 Like

You did a great job, he flew under my radar … I know what I’m doing tomorrow!

This Album is a great place to start, liver Album, brilliant all the way through!!!

1 Like

Cheers Jamie - I’ll definitely be giving this a listen!

1 Like

Everything was great Jamie, you’re an Arsenal fan :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome back, Jamie, it’s been a while. Yes, we shut down the old Forum when we migrated to this new platform and theree was a window of opportunity to copy and paste from the old to the new.

This fresh recording is fabulous, love Warren Haynes.

1 Like

Jamie!! Fantastic playing!

THings have changed a bit on JustinGuitar from the old days, eh? All for the better I think it’s safe to say. . .

Your bends are really spot on and you got the tone and everything else down really well.

This really motivates me to play the electric more. . .I really need to get into the world of guitar tone and playing electric blues. . .man, there’s so much to do!!

Thanks for a really inspring post!! Hope you’ll be posting more around here from now forward!!

Jeremy

1 Like

Mexican Strat into the cheapest Tube Amp out there :smiley: Id recommend the Harley Benton Tube 15 to anyone who wants a cheap tube amp that sounds lovely. Has a switch to go 1 watt also, which is handy to crank it a bit more. I have a small vox practice thing, that I usually noodle around on, but I couldnt get a good tone out of it for this, plugged into the tube amp, give it a little gain and it was there.

Its really basic, but it sounds great and has everything you really need in an Amp,for less than 200 quid, it does that clean Middle/Neck position on the strat(Slow Dancing tone) really well, and has enough gain to push it over into some crunchy blues tones. I need to dust off the Les Paul and give it a whirl on the amp, im sure that Guitar can push the amp further into some nice lead tones. For the price you really cant go wrong, they do a 5 watt one as well for like 100 quid, its kind of mental how cheap they are, and how good they sound!!! Big Recommend for anyones first tube amp! Harley Benton TUBE15 Celestion – Thomann UK

If you play guitar and you don’t want to play this song, do you even play guitar? I think I got it somewhat respectable, its probably not exactly what he plays, but it works I hope.

Enjoy!

9 Likes

Cool performance :+1:

1 Like

Very nice - especially for a Gooner!

1 Like

Fantastic performance Jamie - timing, phrasing, tone - top notch.

1 Like

Very nice performance, really enjoyed that. Great playing and tone!

1 Like

Sounds great man. . . .keep 'em coming!!!

1 Like

Hi Jamie - welcome back to the old new place.

For anyone with long-term memory, Jamie used to be a frequent poster in the old forum, user name Tewky.

Skills being nicely honed and you’re getting some cracking sounds from that Strat.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

One day, One day. Incredible playing there, thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:
R

1 Like

Was looking through my videos, found this which sounded not too bad. Great little solo, that isnt too crazy too learn. You can do lots of things with the thumb over chords as well, its great practice embellishing those chords.

Enjoy!

3 Likes