Grade 2 piece All Your Love John Mayall + (11/03) Wishing On A Star Rose Royce + Samba Pa Ti Santana - Peter

My attempt at Samba Pa Ti by Santana

3 Likes
2 Likes

Apple GarageBand seems to have added the reverb to the vocal. Not my intention but at the mo I don’t know how to change it…

Those two were really well done Peter. I loved, wishing on a star. Brilliant.

Thanks very much Stefan. “Wishing On A Star” was one take and I recorded quite a bit more of it so I could go back and put the guitar solo on this at some point later.

“Samba Pa Ti” took a lot of takes - at one point I deleted some videos because I did not think it had recorded the audio - then I discovered I hadn’t turned the speakers on when listening back. Doh! It’s an age thing…

1 Like

That is very rubbish but I suspect it will be a, one time only, thing. Yep the brain starts to lose it as we get older.

When I overdubbed the solo for “All Your Love” I actually did the full intro. So here’s the full intro video for posterity. Excuse the playing cos, as I stated before, I only did this to test video editing which is all new to me. However I am quite pleased with the “Bluesbreakers” tone:

1 Like

I missed the updates here, Peter. Luckily I’ve found them now and thoroughly enjoyed the playing on All Your Love, Samba Pa Ti, and Wishing on a Star. The tone, the feel, all just delightful.

1 Like

Yesterday my PC laptop stopped working and for a while I had a blue screen of death. I managed to get it back up and running. I had recorded a solo of sorts on “Wishing On A Star” and improved the vocals with the correct lyrics which is a good start. I was going to redo the solo but in case the computer dies and it’s all lost forever, I thought I’d better stick it up on here and move on to something else.:

2 Likes