Grade1 Exam Song #2 - Yellow Submarine

Here is my second video. Looking forward to hear your feedback!

@DavidP I’ve been trying to keep my index finger closer to the middle finger, but I think this is going to take a while to master. :slight_smile:

@SDKissFan As you suggested I tried to smile a bit more, but this was more of an anxious smile overwhelmed with the fear of messing up at any time. :smiley:

Many of you mentioned in the previous video of mine, that my rhythm was good. Well that’s because I was listening (then and in this video as well) to a metrnome. :slight_smile:

Anyway I hope you can give some great suggestions.

10 Likes

You are doing a great job here. Smiling is actually harder than it seems because it means you are relaxed. I still need to work on that too. Great progress.

1 Like

Well done András! :clap: :clap:

I just came from listening to your previous recording of Mad World so well done on that as well!

Sounds like making great progress and looking confident! :smiley: Lots going on in both songs but especially here and you handled the different chord patterns and switching strumming patterns well! :smiley: I like that your still moving the strumming hand on every beat in the verses and adding some nice details.

Thanks for sharing and am looking forward to the next one!

Al

1 Like

You are Doing fine! Good rythm and nice flow in the strumming!

Well done!!

1 Like

Good job! Clean chord changes, good rhythm and keeping time. Wish my chord changes were that smooth. You should be proud of you progress!

1 Like

using a metronome is a great way to force yourself to keep time. I know I tend to speed up without the click keeping me honest! Great job!

1 Like

Bravo, András, that sounded good and having taken a look back at the first video, your index finger is already looking to be under better control.

I like the way you tap the tempo before starting.

I noticed your hand moving to count the beats that are skipped. And you maintained good rhythm through those parts which is not easy. Well done.

It may be a good idea to keep the hand moving in your strumming action when you do that, rather than the slightly different action, to help really groove the smooth steady strumming action that allows you to play different patterns by choosing whether or not to connect with the strums on either an up or a down strum.

Look forward to your next.

1 Like

Nicely done, Adras! Yellow submarine is not the easiest song to play with the changing rhythms and many chord changes. You handled it well.

1 Like

Well done András. You’re making great progress. You’ve definitely taken on board @DavidP feedback on the last post regarding your index finger. You can see the improvement already. Excellent rhythm and chord changes. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

That was really good András and well done on playing with the metronome. Nice, steady strumming and clean changes.

1 Like

Hi András, a good follow up to Mad World. Good discipline playing along to a metronome! I think you are going along nicely.

1 Like

You did a great job on this. Your chord changes were incredibly smooth. Kudos!

1 Like

Super smooth strumming technique András. An example to us all of how useful a metronome or a drum click can be. Well done.

1 Like

Great job. Good chord changes, strumming and rhythm.

1 Like

Check out my third video if you’d like.