Great Weekend Lined Up. What About You?

Looking forward to a great weekend here in WA. I have a friend playing at a pub on Sat night so we’ll be off to enjoy that with a few ales, then On Sun arvo another guy I met recently is performing at another local Tavern, he’s a good gig so this should be a good afternoon with a few more ales :beers:

Top it off its the final race weekend of the MotoGP on Kayo, so I’m sure thats enough excuse for a celebration too :rofl: :beers:

What are you up to ?

5 Likes

Today was the last day of a rather stressful contract.

I’ve been spending the last several days trying to finish my work and hand things over to the other people on the project (they tried to extend my contract, but I refused).

I’m now at my favourite bar in Katong, with a bottle of Balvenie DoubleWood and some friends, watching the local acoustic duo performing chilled cover versions.

Tomorrow I’m at a Jam Session for a few hours followed by meeting a friend in Tanjong Pagar for seafood and a few drinks at a rooftop bar.

Sunday looks like swimming at the local club (if the weather is good) and possibly meeting another friend for brisket and beer at a smokehouse in Robertson Quay, followed by a visit to the nearby sake bar.

Happy Friday, everyone.

Cheers,

Keith

3 Likes

Now that sounds like a great plan :+1: enjoy your weekend​:beer: cheers

1 Like

Hello guys…ah Friday finally is here! Just got home from work and enjoying one more coffee, even if a camomile tea would fit better, as I’ve got a bad cold again…but the coffee fits better with all the work that still needs to be done :see_no_evil:
The weekend for me will be extra sleeping in the morning and the Theatre with my husband tomorrow…it’s already a while we don’t go, it’ll be a duo: a songwriter and singer and a comic actor. And pizza after the show. And especially…Foooood :grin::grin::grin: two meals a day Fridays Saturdays and Sundays which I’m very much looking foward to as I’m on a diet and almost starving myself on the other week days.
We often go out for live music in the weekends, usually in restaurants or Pizzeria where they start performing at about 22…always so good vibes in live music!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for sharing your plans! Just chatting…:blush:

2 Likes

So far, @Majik is winning the weekend sweepstakes :sunglasses:- (a bottle of Balvenie? :open_mouth:)
I’m cleaning the house and making up bedrooms for visiting in-laws next week.
I gather my reward will be in the next life… :laughing:

3 Likes

One of my Jam buddies is being transferred to Texas for a couple of months or more so will be Jammin’ with him tonight for most likely the last time this year. He may be back for a Christmas break. He doesn’t know yet.
Been a long week at work so Saturday will be for relaxing and watching hockey. Sunday is the usual Sunday jam from 3 until around 10 or 11 with a dinner break around 6.

1 Like

I originally read that as he doesn’t know he’s being transferred. :astonished:

My weekend is filled with hockey as well. My son and daughter are in town for the Thanksgiving week, so my son and I going to a game this afternoon, seats on the glass. Then the whole family (5 of us) are going to the game tomorrow, and then another game on Monday before my son flies out.

Our team the Sharks suck having only won 3 games this year, hoping they might win 1 of these 3.

1 Like

Flames fan here so not much better than the Sharks. Look at the bright side a couple more wins and the Sharks could be tided with the Oilers. :beers:

1 Like

Another hockey weekend here. I’ve got the Blackhawks game on right now, and I’m a season-ticket holder for the Minnesota State University Mavericks. I’ll be at MSU vs Michigan Tech games tonight and tomorrow.

My grandson plays high-school hockey here in town, but he broke his ankle going hard into the boards in practice, so he’s out of action for a while.

1 Like

Ouch, I hope he comes back stronger!

1 Like

Our music club is having it’s annual xmas party this afternoon, heading there for some open mics songs, some jamming and some food

2 Likes

That wasn’t consumed in one evening, to be clear.

The drinking culture, over in these parts, is to buy a bottle which the establishment will then store for you. Here, for instance, are the personal bottles stored in the bar at my local swimming club (and this represents, I estimate, less than 20% of their bottle storage):

In fact, one of my friends at the bar complained that, when she visited the UK, they didn’t do that.

That bottle will last me at least a few more evenings.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Building. :sob: :sob:

Last month, this month, next month , next year probably too.

R

2 Likes

Nice.

New studio? :metal:

Cheers

Keith

1 Like

Oh I wish, sadly no, Its my partners retirement plan. An engineering workshop to build engines.

R

1 Like

Well it looks like there is more room in the garden to continue the building Rachel, I think you should have a studio in there as well. :smiley:

We did the ballet on Saturday and then out for a meal afterwards. Bro and sis -in-law was round on Sunday.